The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
    On a spare hood you should put on of those bond-on cowls on it, the ones that are 2 or 2.5" tall, whatever you need. Bolt-on would be easier but I don't know of any bolt-on cowl scoops. At any rate it'll be nice to have to vent out the extra heat, i'm gonna get a cowl hood for my truck soon to vent heat and my Suburban.

I've been wanting one for my Lincoln too, wich I could do bodywork then i'd get a couple junk hoods and make one extending the stock raised center section like mentioned before, that'd look sick since the Lincoln's center section is more protruding than the Vic/GM.
    Countersunk rivets and epoxy as most hood scoops are glass. If they were steel (there may be a few steel cowl induction scoops), I'd weld them from underneath.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      Hence why I'm switching to the 92+ rear style swaybar. There's two things needed to make that work, the axle housing brackets, which all 92-97 axles have, and the upper mounting point, (supposedly 90/91's have them but I've never checked). Since I'll be running an aero axle, all I have to do is weld in some plates up top, then I can run the fat addco 92+ rear bar.
      Apparently my 88 MGM GS has the mounts on the frame... so who knows what all years got the tabs. They look stupid thin though... Would prefer welding in some 3/16 or 1/4 plate at a minimum to help them out though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Apparently my 88 MGM GS has the mounts on the frame... so who knows what all years got the tabs. They look stupid thin though... Would prefer welding in some 3/16 or 1/4 plate at a minimum to help them out though.
        That's weird, I could see 90/91's having them, surprised random earlier cars got them too.

I went out and checked, my 91 wagon has them, the 87 obviously doesn't, and neither does my 89 frame. Didn't check the 88. The ones on the 91 are the exact same as my 92.

For those wonder what I'm talking about:
        The 92:

The 91:

And the 89 frame, same as the 87:

Also picked up a MMC driveshaft for it. Just need to swap over the slip yolk and run the fabtech spacer.

Steel 79-89 shaft vs aluminum 90/91 shaft vs stock 04 steel civilian shaft, vs the MMC shaft

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I don't know if the mounts in my 88 have the hole for the sway bar, but it has that angle brace in the frame.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
            I don't know if the mounts in my 88 have the hole for the sway bar, but it has that angle brace in the frame.
            Oh, well they all have that. I'd be surprised if it is a full swaybar style mounting brace.
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I didn't even realize the MMC shafts worked on a box with an AOD.

Those control arms are so sexy.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                I didn't even realize the MMC shafts worked on a box with an AOD.
                Just need to swap the slip yolk, and run a 3/4" spacer, same stuff you have to do on the 92+. I guess on a 79-89 you'd need to also swap the pinion flange to the 90+
                Also plan to run a driveshaft loop just for safety.

Also, gauges! (honestly not even sure if I'll use these or something else)

Comment

OooooOOOOoO... That tach would match my gauges

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Well, an MMC shaft is out for me. I will already have to run a spacer.

Good info on the driveshafts, mang!
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Those gauges are SO 1980s. Perfect fit for that car.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

^They remind me of KITT:

88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

So many buttons.......

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                            So many buttons.......
                            So said, "Sal The Shark" in "Innocent Blood" about the toaster over.

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Updates on this Zach?

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

that please^

I have the same thing minus fog light holes sitting at home.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                                160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                                waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Working...
                                X