• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    So I hear the 351 is staying...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Suppose I'm a little late.

But yes, I'm currently budgeting the build and planning everything out. The car is currently sitting outside with no engine, tranny, vinyl top or side trim.

As of right now, I'm looking into getting a donor whale this weekend and possibly another box. Currently the plan is teetering between two things. A.) Throwing my motor back together (I took it all apart to make sure everything was healthy) and throwing another T5 behind it for this season, go buy this turbo kit I found. Boost it to 5-8PSI and wait until the engine kicks a rod through the block then build my new engine or have my new engine on standby.
    Or B.) Building my block with Forged Ibeam rods, Forged pistons (9.3:1), ARP head studs (I'll probably do that regardless) Clevite bearings, same cam and push probably 12PSI of boost through it.

Plan on doing the frame swap, bunch of interior work, hydraulic clutch, different rims and tires. Maybe I'll document it this time. But I tend to just randomly go down to my garage and pound out a bunch of work and forget to document anything.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 02-11-2016, 12:38 AM.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

I bet you pound out.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
        I bet you pound out.

-ryan s.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I like option A as it allows you time to use the car and build an engine on the side for, well, the inevitable.

What I dislike about option A is that it prevents your from doing your frame swap.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            I like option A as it allows you time to use the car and build an engine on the side for, well, the inevitable.

What I dislike about option A is that it prevents your from doing your frame swap.
            Why would it stop me?

Frame swap is going to happen regardless.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

will Windsor motor mounts attach to the rack and peanut subframe?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                Not at all. Will need to fab your own, not that it's a huge deal.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                  Not at all. Will need to fab your own, not that it's a huge deal.
                  This.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

good welding and cutting of metal can make up for pretty much anything with cars.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

But for things like the Pontiac Aztec....that's way more cutting and welding than anyone wants to do

-Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Or put an eaton swapped 4 valve in there. Then you don't need to worry about silly motor mounts.
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The car would be out of commission, so you obviously couldn't be joy riding it and frame swapping at the same time.

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                          Why would it stop me?

Frame swap is going to happen regardless.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                            Or put an eaton swapped 4 valve in there. Then you don't need to worry about silly motor mounts.
                            Do I look like I'm made of money?!

You donate the money, I'll put it together.

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            But for things like the Pontiac Aztec....that's way more cutting and welding than anyone wants to do

Phil. What are you talking about, this isn't your moms Pontiac Aztec

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            The car would be out of commission, so you obviously couldn't be joy riding it and frame swapping at the same time.
                            I've been out a vehicle since Christmas eve, when something in my ignition gave up the ghost.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Well I got a donor car today.

2003 CVPI
                              Runs and drives apparently but would need a fuel pump. Had a light front end collision.

__________________________________________________

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

sWEET! stupid cap lock

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Working...
                                X