another new guy thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another new guy thread.

hey whats up everybody just found this place, and thought i would introduce myself, my family and i are located in the beautiful texas hill country, wish i could post up some pics of the scenery and of our new to us panther, hehe, i lost the cable to my digi cam, so sorry about that, as i know pics would be good.

we are relatively new to the panther platform, but had heard nothing but good things, so we took the plunge in july of this year traded in my faithful 1994 thunderbird lx. wasn't too lucky on the trip back home since i nailed a deer with it 2 hours later on i10 going 75ish, lol, first time i ever did that. was surprised to see the damage wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. surprisingly very tough vehicle.

anyways our 2004 marquis gs is light green metallic on tan leather, so far it is bone stock except for audio, i am going to mod it little by little, hopefully some duals and a tune will be in the near future. been looking at the rim and tire deals off of late model restoration, thinking either some chrome bullitt 18's or some 20's. don't wanna go too nuts since this is our family car. cant wait till income tax time. anyways, i'll try to find that cable so i can post some pics of the marquis.
    sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
    1999 vw bug work beater

WELCOME nice car sounds good, please find cable. Isn't late model around you??? And you have a good radio i have the DEH 4000UB version and i really like it you must love yours.
    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

lol, i still don't know anybody around here that is into the whole panther thing, i would love to go to a meet somewhere close by, i used to go to meets with my tccoa buds but haven't in a really long time, lol. definitely will get looking for the cable, if not radio shack is still open until 8 here, hehe.
      07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
      1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome to GMN!! Drive safe
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thanks for all the welcomes, and late model is in hewitt tx, not too close by. we are closer to the san antonio area. would be nice to go check them out one of these days.
            1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

hey! i went to a tccoa meet once. we went to Allentown and had some red robin! yum!
              Lets Go Pens!

Comment

welcome to gmn!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Welcome!
                  2018 F150 XLT 43k
                  1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
                  1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Originally posted by RedThunder94 View Post
                    lol, i still don't know anybody around here that is into the whole panther thing,
                    Come join the club ... except for a good handful in the eastern PA and western VA area, we tend to be pretty spread out. Actually, there are couple of CVNers in my immediate area, but I've not yet been able to arrange a meet with them.

Is San Antonio as hot as Dallas in the summer? When I was in Dallas a few months ago it hit 95 degrees every day, but a truck driver at the hotel said if I liked that to just wait a month till it got humid too!
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Welcome!
                      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

thanks guys yup the san antonio area gets to be a sauna during the summer, hehe, but you get used to it. thanks for all the welcomes. i will be punching out for a while cause we are moving short notice, but once my internet gets hooked back up i'll drop by, hehe. peace!
                        1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

Piicttturrrreeeesss!!

Comment

still can't find the pinche camera cable lol, i'll prolly try to get a replacement or just get a new camera, lol. anyways. thanks again for all the welcomes.
                            1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

okay sorry for the long ass delay, anyways time for some pics.

1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

Working...
                              X