99GS's.......99GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

99GS's.......99GS

been slowly working on the car and thought maybe i should do a build thread kind of thing.

1999 Mercury Grand Marquis GS, purchased November 2008 w/ about 64k miles, stock and clean 1 owner, white with a kick ass blue interior.

A good starting point, i can count the dings/scrapes on one hand only and other than that its ridiculously clean inside, outside, under the hood and even underneath. IMO it needed a little work in the looks department. Not exactly a bad ass looking car with all the chrome...

black grille, cvpi caps, bumper tuck....ah much better for now

So the build goes like this. I dont want to spend a lot of money. Only looking for mild power gains, generally bolt ons, not terribly interested in the idea of dropping a few hundred bones for a "tune" either. More interested in improved handling in the long run.

Maybe 2 months after having the car, I found someone selling a ported ADTR plenum and plenum + throttle body spacers on CVN, and ended up getting all that for half of what I would have paid new.....missing a few bolts for the throttle body spacer, but no big deal, I set it aside for now until I decide pony up the cash for an aviator throttle body.

Just got the rear 21mm swaybar from ADTR + the front and rear ENS polyurethane swaybar bushing kits. Holy shit, this might be the best $120 i have spent ever in my life. Sure Addcos probably kick more ass, but Im a cheapskate.

Anyways, heres some planned mods. The car will be autocrossed regularly for fun.
    -99 cobra wheels & tires...then also associated spacer/adapters and lug nuts...
    -upgrade shocks....undecided on which. cant go wrong with bilstiens. although Motorcraft CVPI shocks are cheap. and a few choices in between.
    -upgrade springs....undecided on what rates.
    -likely do shocks and springs all at once and see about adding more poly bushings to teh mix.
    -maybe some new front endlinks?

-J-Mod
    -aviator throttle body
    -98 or 99 CVPI PCM
    -intake upgrade of sorts (here come the MZT suggestions...FU, dont want to deal with a tune)
    -exhaust upgrade from the sexy 2" single....still undecided on what to do
    -perhaps some 3.27 gears w/ trak lok

-window tint
    -stereo? still stock for now, with an awesome cassette tape adapter. not sure if I even want to deal with a system in the trunk...taking that crap out every time I want to go autocrossing.....

ok thats all for now. more pics soon.
    Last edited by 99GS; 03-20-2009, 07:31 PM.

if you decide to go with a system, you would probably be best with a regular box in the trunk with the amp mounted on it. easy to remove. for the wiring i would use these for quick disconnecting the amp:

ok...nvm..i cant find the link for the part itself, but if you look at this link, see the connectors on the end for quick connect/disconnect? http://www.awdirect.com/lexan-plug-j...s-accessories/

all you would have to do to race is pull the rca cable off the amp, separate the quick connect and boom pull the box out.

sounds like you got ideas, ideas are always good mang

Comment

Nice ride. I am eagerly awaiting its progression.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you and I should meet up some time how far are you from 15 and route 7 in leesburg?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I am maybe 15-20 mins south of leesburg. Yea it would definately be cool to get a panther meet setup, I know there are a few others in the NoVA area on cvn....maybe a cruise and some food, pics, etc.

I will be up at the CDC autocross next saturday in frederick, md, at Harry Grove Stadium.

Comment

first autocross today. rain + autocross + v8 sedan = fun. with a tight enough course where i could just lock it in 1st gear without worrying about the transmission kicking through gears. i was actually pretty suprised how easy the car is to drive at its limit. even with shit tires it pretty much did what i wanted it to and any understeer cured with a blip of the throttle. all too easy in the rain actually...

unfortunately this is the only pic I got of my car, if i find any that others took ill post up

Comment

Your car is TEH WIN!!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

nice sorry I could not make it out there I had to work

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Sweet car. I like the black grill...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

eh..I cant figure out how to edit the thread title, should probably add (DUW) to it

not much new with the car, should have spacers, cobra wheels, and a 98 CVPI PCM in next week. took some pics at sunrise today for a *cough*cvn*cough*cough* photo contest that i thought i would share.

Comment

I like pics 1 and 5 the most...

Nice shots mang! Definately worth waking up early for.
                      '79 Continental Town Car
                      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

cool pictures, looked nice.
                        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

new wheels and some autocross pics. yay grip. used 1.5" and 2" adapters, 99 svt cobra wheels

Comment

Looking great.
                            ~David~

Comment

Working...
                            X