Watchdog's P72 lives again!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watchdog's P72 lives again!!!

I thought i would reboot my reader's rides thread with a look at all the work that has been done to my 1991 LTD P72.

The day i went to pick her up at the Century Maintenance Garage.

The 351-W

The car was solid and all there but non running. That's why I only paid 350.00 for it. The first thing she needed was a bath. Then I could see what I really had.

After a good cleaning the project looked a little more do-able.

I got the car to Allie Kats Paint and Body here in Pensacola and he did great work. Not a bad price either.

Allie Kats does great work!

And as she sits today.

What is not pictured is the engine work that Roberson's Auto did for me. New Edelbrock 600 CFM 4 bbl carb and intake, fuel pump, water pump, alternator, fan clutch, hoses.

I normally like to turn my own wrenches but time was a factor in getting the car ready to the Chicagoland show this year.
    Last edited by watchdog; 08-01-2010, 07:11 PM.
    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Very cool deal! Just curious on to what happened to the spot light? Didnt like it?

Comment

Cool.
      1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
      2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Very cool deal! Just curious on to what happened to the spot light? Didnt like it?
        The spot light is going back on but it had to be rebuilt first. It was frozen in place and would not work. Thanks to TRWP72 for the help on that one, and all the other help he has provided. Tomorrow the push bars and the front plate bracket go back on.

Comment

Nice! Looks great.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

very nice. glad another panther was saved and is now in a loving home

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

very nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Rescued just in time, looks like it was well on its way to becoming a Chia Pet.
                Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Looking nice!
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks good, though I have to admit I dug the green stripe it had. Nice save, doesn't look like it had gotten too bad while sitting, but it probably wasn't far from it.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice, can't go wrong with an all white slicktop car.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                      Big plans

Comment

Great progress with this box!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Here is a shot I took with my phone in Bowling Green KY. on the road to Chicago today.

There will be more photos in the next day or so...stay tuned. :smirk:

Comment

I want your wheels

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                            Big plans

Comment

I want that push bar

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X