GMN 20th anniversary Scottfest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMN 20th anniversary Scottfest?

I would like to host Scottfest this year. Have people that can't get on grandmarq.net that are on the facebook page that are interested.
    Would August 9 to 12 be good? let me know.
    Lots of things to see and do around here. There is a museum of historic vehicles a few miles away, A drag strip, A whole bunch of new Mexican restaurants. U-pull it yards are around an hour away from my house. There's a car show in Pottstown Saturday the 12th

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

I'd be up provided I haven't been booked to do something else that I'm not aware of. I've been absurdly busy lately. I actually need to get off the couch now and go do some prep work for something tomorrow.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm interested, but I'll have to talk with the fam to see what's going on as it gets closer and depending on it I'll have enough time off as I need 2 weeks for that trip. I'm going to have to break it up into at least 3 days of driving one way.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

you can cheat and fly in, I'll let you borrow the Mark VII. its as close to a white aero as it gets around here.
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nah... I'd much rather drive and have the ability to bring more gear. It's getting hard to get in and out of my panther... Don't know if I'd be able to get down to fox body levels any more. My knees are getting to be not so well. Doing exercises that should help with that, but yeah... first time exercising in ~30 years... gonna take some time.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

honestly one of the reasons I drive the Continental more than the Mark VII is that its easier to get in. Those long-ass doors don't give as much room, and the lower sport seats don't help either.

Comment

Definitely interested. I'm close enough I could probably make it a day trip, or even two. It'd be nice to put a handshake and a grille to some of these screen names.
              Ill forget it all by the time I drive home but ..lol
              All FORD All The Time

Comment

After talking to the wife, there is more interest in Scottfest than I thought. Looking in the area for things to see for her and the kid, we've found a few things. One literally around the corner from Scottmang (Daniel Boone Homestead). I also found out that Maple Grove Raceway is doing test and tune on the 9th. I would like to make a few hits to know what my car does now. Pretty sure it's low 15s vs mid 15s from before, but I would like to know what it is.

Comment

The Homestead is literally at the end of the road he lives on. As many times as I've been up that way I've never been over there.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                    After talking to the wife, there is more interest in Scottfest than I thought. Looking in the area for things to see for her and the kid, we've found a few things. One literally around the corner from Scottmang (Daniel Boone Homestead). I also found out that Maple Grove Raceway is doing test and tune on the 9th. I would like to make a few hits to know what my car does now. Pretty sure it's low 15s vs mid 15s from before, but I would like to know what it is.

https://www.maplegroveraceway.com/ev...ne-august-9th/
                    August 14-17 is the rough and tumble threshermans reunion. Thain and I have been there several times.
                    antique engines, steam and gas and tractors and steam engines and steam tractors, kerosene tractors, a steam powered sawmill and shingle mill, threshing demostrations, tractor pulls tractor show, old cars and truck, really good amish cooking, a small and large steam locomotive ride.

There is the strasburg railroad and the pennsylvania railroad museum in Lancaster county.

Abusement parks within 2 hrs drive:
                    Hershey park
                    Knoebels grove
                    dorney park
                    dutch wonderland

the philly zoo is about 80 minutes away.

the pagoda in Reading

Blue mountain and Reading Railroad and Tamaqua

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

And someplace i have never been to since opened. The old Morgantown mall is a classic car dealer/display, hundreds of cars indoors for sale.
                      I also have never been to the Reading Railroad museum in Hamburg

Comment

Woohoo!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post

Abusement parks within 2 hrs drive:
                          Hershey park
                          Knoebels grove
                          dorney park
                          dutch wonderland
                          I can't recommend Knoebels highly enough.
                          Free parking and free admission too...
                          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Ran into Tim at Carlisle, he said he'd stop by.

Comment

So which weekend we wanna peg it on?

Comment

Working...
                              X