Name:	interiorpaint.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1294913Click image for larger version

Name:	rearcar.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1294914

I finally got pictures to show you guys a west coast 85ltd.

Exterior: 85 ltd light gray; All stock motor
    Just replaced the white vinyl top with a used one, the old one was ripping apart.
    Interior: clean light Grey
    all stock components

toped the car out at 109mph on the highway. got pulled over by CHP. cop tells me he's a old ford enthusiast he owns an old 84 ltd and 351motor. he shows me some pictures and we talk motors for a little bit. He issues a ticket for speeding 85mph in 65, I went to court, only had to go to driving school.
    i only had the car for a month. coool.

so far i asked a few questions regarding top speed. thanks for the advice
    regarding my lopo 302 155hp motor.
    i think i should start ahead and swap with a ford explorer. Any year in particular?! I was also thinking of a mustang motor perferably between '95- 2000. im no sure which is best. i would at least like a motor that already goes 140mph thats fuel enjected.

thanks fellas
    Leo
    sigpic
    67 Ltd tudor
    67 Ltd 4door
    85 Ltd 4door

Looks like a nice car there.

If you're looking to go 140, keep in mind you'll need more than a nice motor. Tranny is gonna need upgrading and upgrade suspension for safety. Do you really need 140MPH?

You could upgrade to an exploder setup, but the CA-emissions people might have issues putting a truck motor in a car.

If you want to stay 5.0L, look for an '87-'95 Mustang or '91-'93 T-Bird. Both of those will need upgrades, though, but at least you'll have a smog legal EFI basis to start with.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Yea, i want to go 140. a 4 door box that rivals asian cars and competes well against sport cars. yea. im sure i want make this ol box to go fast.

i was visiting family and i saw a box go fast as hell in New Jersey on a turn pike. It was racing a stupid mazda and tyota. they must of ran a couple of speed traps a while back cause they had 3 undercover highway patrol cars chasing behind them with 4 police squad cars following. I thought how can a box do that. and how can i get one that looks just like it.
      so i waited untill i the chrysler blew up and bought the LTD.
      now i just need the funds and garage.
      also the support and avice from you fellas

Leo
      sigpic
      67 Ltd tudor
      67 Ltd 4door
      85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Unless you upgrade the proper parts, you'll going to kill that car driving it in such a manner.

Comment

Nice Box it looks like mine 85 was a great yrs for CFI`s w/351 heads............
          2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
          85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
          07 JCL 250 A Scooter
          79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post
            Yea, i want to go 140. Leo
            It will only lead to tears...
            2000 Grand Marquis LS
            2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
            1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
            Mercury Owners Group member
            Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

I can do mid to maybe high 120's (as read on the speedo in my car). It did 115ish stock, and I have had it reading 125 after the carb swap and exhaust stuff. I was running out of road though, and it is dangerous to try and slow down one of these cars with stock brakes, from that speed.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

police records show my car topping out from 117-121 stock with the 2.73 rear and a carb'd 351. Just figured I'd input what mine can/was capable of stock. And if you want to beat out the tuners why don't you consider building it for better acceleration, not top speed, do some motor and drivetrain upgrades, throw a 3.73 or better yet a 4.10 locked rear on the back of your box, that alone would really help it with acceleration. Its less dangerous then the high speeds and i think beating um off the line is more impressive than the top speed IMO.
                Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 10-15-2008, 02:46 PM.
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Leo View Post

i was visiting family and i saw a box go fast as hell in New Jersey on a turn pike. It was racing a stupid mazda and tyota. they must of ran a couple of speed traps a while back cause they had 3 undercover highway patrol cars chasing behind them with 4 police squad cars following. Leo
                  Sounds like a scene out of a movie...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That CV looks to be in really nice shape. That is a good platform to start with. I would focus on getting better accelaration. Though I don't know what you can do in California to your CFI car. Perhaps a built EFI 5.0L or better yet EFI 5.8L if you can get away with it. Oh and welcome.

Packman

Comment

thanks, u got a nice CV yourself. alot of u guys have cool looking cars. Im also learing alot from you guys. I asked around and everyone says an engine swap with an HO stang or explorer is a good idea. I thinks so too. Im willing to put in $1,500 for now. More of course down the road.

Leo
                      sigpic
                      67 Ltd tudor
                      67 Ltd 4door
                      85 Ltd 4door

Comment

Working...
                      X