78 marquis 4 sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 marquis 4 sale

Hi Guys. I know I haven't been active at all in this forum for months but I've been wondering about "stuff" at work that's been in the air. Well 2 weeks ago the stuff hit the fan & I lost my job. details are not important...I've got a second interview at Lowes tomorrow and hopefully another at Home depot later this week. When you're 60 there's just not a lot people want to hire you for. At any rate we've had the white 78 Marquis that we just picked up in June/July on the local craigslist with little activity so I thought I'd list her on here. 2 door, w/skirts, 144K, 400 w/2 bbl/C6, blue cloth in super shape, white vinyl top needs replacement. No rust, straight. Runs great, new drivers window motor, Sony stereo. We paid 1250 & then spent 600 on new tires & shocks at Pep Boys. We've been asking 1750 but could go lower. We're in Colorado Springs so if anyone's close or knows of anyone close please pass on our info. I've got a couple of recent pics but I think our post in the classics post had better ones. Thanks everyone!

if you've got a link to the pics... post it. pictures always help sales.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      if you've got a link to the pics... post it. pictures always help sales.
      http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...846-and-1-more...
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

is it a hardtop?

for what its worth, you shouldve listed her here first....i had money at that time, and mightve bought her.

now you most likely wont have her when i get paid again. hope someone in the gmn family gets her though, at least.
        Last edited by rick99601; 03-03-2011, 04:56 AM.
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Wow guys! Thanks for getting the pics over here! Its a 2 door hardtop with a vinyl top that's gone south after all these years. My neighbor asked me about it this afternoon but I don't know how serious he might be. If I do sell her I'll let everyone know here so if you don't see an update here its stll available! Thanks again Rick & 79lincolnlover! Oh yea...thats 146K on the speedo...
          Last edited by 78Marquis; 03-03-2011, 09:38 PM. Reason: added mileage

Comment

Nice car for a nice price. I hope you find a good home for her.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Damn that car is beautiful.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I would totally get that... but my fleet is full up.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X