X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 bucks.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      50 bucks.
      If it was my car I'd take it!

sigpic

Comment

If I bought that car for $1200 (I wouldn't, thought it was a lot better car till I seen more pics/your attitude), I would probably come back with a baseball bat and break all your limbs. Hopefully somebody rips you off just as bad as clearly thats what its going to take for you to learn some morals. In the words of Lil Wayne "Karma is a bitch, just make sure that bitch is beautiful".
        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Guys please give the kid a break. Let him sell hid car and stop being dicks about it. This forum is cool and all with nudging some guys here and there but keep this topic and the for sale forum in general on a respectable level please.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
            well kid back out. oh well. and my parents wont let me part the fucker out. so somebody just buy this for $600 and get it out of my driveway.
            Buy the cats, grab a few gas caps from the junkyard, fill frame area with tiger hair fiberglass filler paint it black. Get it reinspected.

Comment

Well, expenses for this pay period are tied all up. I just took a loan from my fiancee to put a down payment on my new truck. I was upside down about $5,500 on my Yaris due to an accident (read: bad Carfax) and a warranty issue - but the dealer was happy to give me what I owed on the car ($11,800) so I went ahead and traded into a truck; and I'm paying her back on Friday.

...Oh. Right. This car's going to my fiancee. That's why I'm being quite anal about its condition.

In its current shape, $600 is closer to the figure I had in my head. Is this car still on the road? Because I'm not gypsy tagging it to get it home. Not in NJ, -HELL- no.
              1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Am i missing something? This is a 2 door gm! i dont see what the big fuss is about if you have no emissions
                800 dollar car, msd coil, k&N filter, true duel exhaust, 25 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmashotrod View Post
                  Am i missing something? This is a 2 door gm! i dont see what the big fuss is about if you have no emissions
                  yes you are missing something. The frame would be my primary concern. If someone has the time, skills, and money to fix the frame, then this car would be sold already. Hell I'd buy it, if I had a good frame to swap on it. I was contemplating a Marauder driveline and frame...

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmashotrod View Post
                    It's a big deal if you plan on daily driving it in a state with the second-strictest to California emissions testing regulations.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                      Because I'm not gypsy tagging it to get it home. Not in NJ, -HELL- no.
                      What means, "gypsy tagging"? Transporting a vehicle on a temporary tag?

In MI, we're allowed to transport a newly-purchased vehicle with no tag at all as long as we're going straight home. For my P72 that was coming from Indiana, I did get an IN temp tag just to be on the safe side - and weirdly, I was well into MI before a cop noticed there was no plate on the back. Wasn't real interested in talking to me after discovering I was legal.
                      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

It's a big deal if you plan on daily driving it in a state with the second-strictest to California emissions testing regulations.
                        i hate nj with a passion. anyway the car is past inspection expired february 2011. i dont want to throw anymore money to it to get cats and the frame repaired thats why i am selling it as is. i did buy bondo for the frame and undercoat to cover it up(havent started bondoing it becuase i have no skill using bondo and dont want to make it look half assed) as i just recently undercoated the shit out of the frame it shouldnt rust any more.

the registration for the car doesnt expire till November 2011.
                        Last edited by MattsLincoln; 09-21-2011, 08:25 PM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Guys please give the kid a break. Let him sell hid car and stop being dicks about it. This forum is cool and all with nudging some guys here and there but keep this topic and the for sale forum in general on a respectable level please.
                          yeah what he said some of you are being real disrespectful and are abusing the rep system. if i dont want to convert my car over to SEFI i dont want to its more money than a town car you dont have to fricken give me bad rep for a decision i dont want to do. JERKS.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                          1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            What means, "gypsy tagging"? Transporting a vehicle on a temporary tag?

In MI, we're allowed to transport a newly-purchased vehicle with no tag at all as long as we're going straight home. For my P72 that was coming from Indiana, I did get an IN temp tag just to be on the safe side - and weirdly, I was well into MI before a cop noticed there was no plate on the back. Wasn't real interested in talking to me after discovering I was legal.
                            Gypsy tagging is pulling a random plate - preferably off a car that's still registered, and slapping it on the rear - then having a buddy drive behind you on the way home as a bit of a 'cop shield'.

High-stakes gypsy tagging is doing the same thing without a buddy.

Both can land you in serious trouble if you get caught.

Temp tags would be an option, but considering I only get weekdays off and I work funky hours on the days I do work, I doubt that would be a viable option.

Preferably, I'd want to drive the car home as it is and pull the PA tag off the instant it's parked in my driveway - then surrender the plate to the MVC and call Matt to let him know to cancel the insurance. Once the title is transferred into my name, the PA registration would be canceled anyway. I'd mail him the receipt of surrender if you so desired from the MVC - or mail him the plate itself if he wished to transfer plates to the Lincoln. Usually though, it costs more to transfer plates than just get new ones so it's up to him. It's the quickest, cheapest and most hassle-free way to transport the vehicle for me.

Comment

yeah what he said some of you are being real disrespectful and are abusing the rep system. if i dont want to convert my car over to SEFI i dont want to its more money than a town car you dont have to fricken give me bad rep for a decision i dont want to do. JERKS.
                              if i don't want to convert my car over to SEFI
                              convert my car over to sefi
                              You really think that's the issue at hand? That's the farthest thing from anyone's mind. The reason so many people are giving you a hard time is because you are trying to pass off this car to people as quick as you can, blatantly trying to cover up the flaws the car has:

i did buy bondo for the frame and undercoat to cover it up
                              and other various unscrupulous business tactics that just make this a very unsavory deal. You should know why this is all occurring, and you said it yourself:

i just realize the stuff i said was very shitty and rude. (...) i feel better now that i told him what was wrong and didnt screw him over cause i felt wrong about that.
                              Just my
                              1984 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (Daily Driver)
                              1979 Ford LTD-S (Project)

Comment

Gypsy tagging is pulling a random plate - preferably off a car that's still registered, and slapping it on the rear - then having a buddy drive behind you on the way home as a bit of a 'cop shield'.

High-stakes gypsy tagging is doing the same thing without a buddy.

Both can land you in serious trouble if you get caught.

Temp tags would be an option, but considering I only get weekdays off and I work funky hours on the days I do work, I doubt that would be a viable option.

Preferably, I'd want to drive the car home as it is and pull the PA tag off the instant it's parked in my driveway - then surrender the plate to the MVC and call Matt to let him know to cancel the insurance. Once the title is transferred into my name, the PA registration would be canceled anyway. I'd mail him the receipt of surrender if you so desired from the MVC - or mail him the plate itself if he wished to transfer plates to the Lincoln. Usually though, it costs more to transfer plates than just get new ones so it's up to him. It's the quickest, cheapest and most hassle-free way to transport the vehicle for me.
                                thats what i had in mind. i wanted to put the plates on the merc on the lincoln.

Comment

Working...
                                X