I'm pretty sure I'm selling him... 1979 Ford LTD Landau AKA "Handsome"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure I'm selling him... 1979 Ford LTD Landau AKA "Handsome"

At the end of this month, I'm making a trip down to Georgia to visit family... And there are some really nice Broncos and LTDs down there.

I'll admit it, I'm sort of bored with the '79... And I have posted it on CL, but have gotten some really piss poor offers on it. But that's probably because I priced it too high, because I don't want some ass I don't know to have him...

He is for sale for the right offer.

Completely original "cordovan red" 1979 Ford LTD Landau. The car is in excellent shape. It runs like brand new.

The car has under 40,000 miles, absolutely NO rust, and a spotless interior (with the exception of a sagging headliner). The paint is a A- in my book. It has a few scratches, and a ding or two. Car has a 351.

It has a/c, but it does not currently work. I won't BS you... I have no idea what it would need to make that blow cold again. The heat does work.
    The car has brand new tires, with less than 100 miles on them. I put them on the car about two years ago, and have barely driven it since. It has all original hub caps. I also have a Ford first aid kit that came with the car, the original spare tire, and the original owners manual.

I am the 2nd owner of this car. I got it in an estate sale, and I do know that the original owners of this vehicle were Alice and Everett Henning of Saint Clair Shores.

It currently has historical plates on it. I DO NOT daily drive this vehicle, and have never taken it on the freeway. Not because I don't think it would drive on the freeway, but because I only take it to and from local car shows. It has been in the Gratiot Cruise, and the Clinton Twp. Gratiot cruise, as well as several local shows.

I have had the brakes done and carburetor work done on the car, as well as replaced the water pump, added a new battery, and all rubber parts were replaced prior to my purchase of the car. It hadn't been run in years before I bought it, and the lawyer for the estate sale made sure that prior to starting it again that all fluids and rotted parts were taken care of. When I got it, it still had it's ORIGINAL TIRES.

The only things wrong with the car are that it needs a headliner, the fuel gauge does not work, the a/c doesn't work, and the analog clock does not work.

I love this car, and really do not need to sell it... But I am getting a little bored with it. I would like to see what I can get for it, and if the offer is right we can talk. I am also interested in trading for 1980 and older Broncos of equal value.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Do some mods and then see if you're still bored with it.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Mods... no time for the car let alone that, and besides that... the thing I like the most about it is that it's clean and all original.
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X