1986 Grand Marquis (Stinky) for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 Grand Marquis (Stinky) for sale

Around 53,000 original miles. Great tires, new Gabriel coil over shocks, new battery, new valve cover gaskets. A/C does not blow cold. Runs well, it has some low speed pulsing at times. Could be the IAC but I'm done spending Saturdays playing with the car. Mice invaded the trunk (long gone now) and it needs a new back seat. Hence the nickname Stinky. I have too much time and money into this car and while there's more right with it than wrong with it, I'm done with it. Anybody interested? Would $1000 be too much to ask? Clean NY title in my name. The car is in Manhattan, please call me if you have any questions. Thanks, Carl (917) 837-3341
    Attached Files

How rusty is it?
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      How rusty is it?
      To go along with that, what color is the interior? How is the paint? How bad in the interior? How bad does it really smell? Is it still on the road? How drivable is it, and most importantly how rusty is it?
      Also, more pictures are certainly required.
      I'm interested, but more information would certainly help you sell it in any manner.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Rusty

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        To go along with that, what color is the interior? How is the paint? How bad in the interior? How bad does it really smell? Is it still on the road? How drivable is it, and most importantly how rusty is it?
        Also, more pictures are certainly required.
        I'm interested, but more information would certainly help you sell it in any manner.
        I'm not quite sure how to answer the rust question. There's a small amount of rust on the body but no huge holes or flapping bits. The blue interior is in great shape except for the smell in the back seat. The mice nested in the foam and I've been unable to get the odor completely out. The paint is decent IMHO but I don't know what standard others might use to judge it. It's on the road, I drive it a couple of times a week and except for the low speed surging that happens about 75% of the time it runs quietly and smoothly. Here's what I mean by low speed surging, when I pull away from a stop gently the engine rpms surge up and down until a higher rpm is reached. Then it settles down and runs smoothly. If I put my foot in it I get a smooth launch up to higher rpms. If I use too much foot the rear tire breaks loose on dry pavement I'm taking it out tomorrow afternoon and will take some pictures of the body rust and interior. If you can receive picture text, we can get together and I can do a virtual inspection for you. Thanks, Carl

Comment

Working...
        X