Vintage Pioneer SX-1280 Receiver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vintage Pioneer SX-1280 Receiver

So a friend of my wife's stops by says she has a rare older receiver she wants to sell. It is heavy, big, and from what I could see though the case so far, overbuilt. Turns out it's a Vintage high end Pioneer. I hooked it up real quickly to the two vintage speakers she also brought by and I am completely blown away by the big, clean sound. I would buy it I could, but I can't so I am posting this here far any fans with the means.

Here's a link I found:

http://revolverlist.blogspot.com/201...-receiver.html

She's looking for $1k for the receiver and similar vintage speakers.

My Harmon/Kardon Twin-Power 430 is from the same time period. Has a little hiss (can hear it over 30% volume when nothing is playing), but I got it for $25 at a church yard sale.

They definitely don't build stuff like they used to in this regard. That Pioneer makes this Harmon look like a transistor radio. My Harmon also only weighs about 45 pounds. Of course... I only have 2 sets of speaker outs, not 3. It's no wonder that one weighs in near 70 pounds.

Definitely an awesome setup. Good luck to them. I hope they get what it's worth.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Great piece. EBAY Is the place for that. It will bring good money. List the speakers separately, IMO.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Saw a couple for $500 and under (EBAY) so she would have to post photos/info on the speakers to justify the $1K. Guess one can always ask and see what it draws???

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Neato! Looks a good bit fancier than my Sansui 2000A.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Drew a lot of attention today at the house, highest offer was $700, she turned it down. If it were me, I would have taken it. I thought $700 was a good deal. The speakers are a throw in, she just wants it all gone (ex-husband stuff).

I did goof around with it during the garage sale. Had it hooked up to my home theater speakers and also the two speakers she brought over. Really clear, powerful sound all around the property (windows/garage were open). Surprising the dynamic headroom this thing has.

Comment

Working...
            X