1983 Mark multiport FI ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1983 Mark multiport FI ?

Check this out. 1983 Mark VI multiport fuel injection? Did someone here tweek this car?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mark...m=191728964202

Starting $2,500 no reserve!!!
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Interesting... all that work and no HO or 3G.
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Nice interior.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

thats not a base model, its a Bill Blass. The two-tone paint is the clue, but the badge on the dashboard is the other tip-off. Nice looking car though, I dig the color scheme.

Blah about the motor, makes me wonder if its a complete later roller motor or if someone converted the original. it is an external reg alternator and that looks like the older style AC compressor. I see paint on the heads too, so perhaps its rebuilt.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What a deal. Sharp car. Engine control module or TFi module, possible problem.

Comment

Tweeker car for sure. Not a fan of the color scheme but smores come to mind. Fully loaded though. First time I've seen the coil mounted on the fender well.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I did that to a 83 mark 2 door back in 03-04, but did the HO swap. Not the same car tho, mine was Black.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                First time I've seen the coil mounted on the fender well.
                That's cause you drive a '88 - the fender-mount coil was the earlier setup. I actually prefer that to where your coil sits, when it's behind the engine fan it gets all crap blown onto it and as a result the terminal for the dizzy wire corrodes and sometimes breaks off when you go to pull the wire off. Never had that issue with fender-mounted coils.

Also, that is a very nice car. Do her up nicely with the standard go-fast factory parts (GTs or Ps, Expy intake, headers, the XE cam) and put big brakes/discs on it and slap on some 17" Torq Thrusts, hello resto-modded luxury hotrod Damnit, now I want that car, curse you people who found it!!!
                The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Also, that is a very nice car. Do her up nicely with the standard go-fast factory parts (GTs or Ps, Expy intake, headers, the XE cam) and put big brakes/discs on it and slap on some 17" Torq Thrusts, hello resto-modded luxury hotrod Damnit, now I want that car, curse you people who found it!!![/QUOTE]

Your welcome!!! hehe
                  sigpic
                  89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
                  13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                  "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Not as nice as you think. Was his dad's car, who stored it in a climate controlled garage but he died and son who cared not let it rot outside for two years. Orginal miles my ass.. I hate that statement with a passion because it gets tossed around like birth control at a whore house. Doesn't run. Last three pictures are of it currently whereas the others are from three years ago.
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

could still be made decent, though the fact that he says you can't come look at it makes me wonder quite a lot what hidden nasties are found. I have an aversion to paying any real money for a car I can't get an eyeball on. There will always be something you find after the fact but it would be nice to confirm that the frame isn't ready to break in half, or its not 2/3 Bondo with shiny paint over it, stuff like that.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

He mentions his work schedule prevents him from showing the car. I wonder if he would allow a visit without him there? I realize you can start it but at least you can have a look see. If that is not possible I would translate it to "I can't see the car = I'm not interested". That would be an unreasonable position to take - who would purchase it, knowing the details he mentioned, without seeing it?? Like voting for a "bill" to see what's in it. (A nod to Nancy Pelosi)

Comment

Originally posted by 87Topaz View Post
                          He mentions his work schedule prevents him from showing the car.
                          That's total bull and he knows it! I've met with people buying stuff off me on Craigslist at almost midnight cause that's the only time they could make it cause of their jobs. If you wanna sell something for decent money you gotta be willing to make accommodations for prospective buyers. I'm sure there is at least one day of the week his work schedule won't get in the way of that. Or some buyers may be willing to come over after dark or very early in the morning - they make excellent flashlights these days, lack of sun/moon light is no longer the issue it was back in the stone ages... Naturally both parties should probably bring their little friends along just in case, but again if everyone is good and honest there is little trouble to be had.
                          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                            That's total bull and he knows it! I've met with people buying stuff off me on Craigslist at almost midnight cause that's the only time they could make it cause of their jobs. If you wanna sell something for decent money you gotta be willing to make accommodations for prospective buyers. I'm sure there is at least one day of the week his work schedule won't get in the way of that. Or some buyers may be willing to come over after dark or very early in the morning - they make excellent flashlights these days, lack of sun/moon light is no longer the issue it was back in the stone ages... Naturally both parties should probably bring their little friends along just in case, but again if everyone is good and honest there is little trouble to be had.
                            Agreed - hence my comments!

Comment

A super nice car, but I'd be damned if I'd pay that much for something that doesn't run and I can't look at beforehand. Friggin' crackheads...

Comment

Working...
                              X