Front Upper & Lower control arms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Upper & Lower control arms.

Anyone have a spare set of front upper & lower control arms for a box panther? I'll pay good money if you have a set to sell.
    ​I'm gonna try and run some delrin lined bearings in them.

I can pay with PayPal. Located in 76044.

Thanks, Kyle.
    '87 Slicktop Steelside Wagon

No longer needed, the bearings wont work the OD is too small

Comment

Yeah... civi bushings and HD bearings are different sizes. Gotta stick with the same style you got. You can go poly for the bushings if you're willing to play with fire and chase down the rubber when it shoots out of the control arm... but yeah. gotta swap whole arms to change between the styles.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Yeah... civi bushings and HD bearings are different sizes. Gotta stick with the same style you got. You can go poly for the bushings if you're willing to play with fire and chase down the rubber when it shoots out of the control arm... but yeah. gotta swap whole arms to change between the styles.
        Your right Sly. Chasing around burning rubber lol.

I'm looking into the big brake swap so I can use the newer tubular upper arms, but i don't want to run 16’s. I need to figure out if the ‘95-‘97 brakes are doable, as far as I know I just need to source some spindles.​ I suppose I will need to make another wanted ad for the '95-'97 brake swap parts that I cant buy new.

-Kyle

Comment

95 - 97 are pretty much exactly the same procedure as a big brake swap, just using those year ball joints and knuckles. Still use the 92-94 upper arms and if you get preloaded lower arms, use the 95-97 ones. Not sure the ball joints are actually different from 92-94... so if the application says 92-97 for ball joints, you'll just need the 95-97 spindles, hub/rotors and brake hardware.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Thanks for the help Sly, I will do some searching around and figure out exactly what all I need. From what I've researched, I think I can use the 95-02 upper arms as long as I transfer the original box cross shafts over. At least I hope to do that, as I'm not sure where to source 92-94 upper arms. Gotta do more research, I plan to get this all done and installed before summer really kicks in.

-Kyle

Comment

Junk yards. But yeah, if you're buying new parts... transfer the rod like you said. To do that, you'll have to remove the bushings IIRC. Make sure you retain the massive washers on the inside of the arms or the rod will be allowed to press inside the bushings and cause alignment problems.

Comment

Thanks for the tip on the washers Sly. I'll keep an eye out on junkards, unfortunately most of the junkyards near me seem to have dried up with 80's-90's era parts cars.

Comment

Yeah... so keeping your rod may be the best option for you and swapping on the later upper control arm.

Comment

Working...
                  X