02 simulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

02 simulators

Anyone know where I can get the 02 simulators that people run when they gut/remove cats? My primary cats are now rattling, the 02 sensors are throwing "catalyst below threshhold" codes and I think I'm just gonna gut em or cut em out and get some more pipe welded in.
    2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
    54,xxx miles. New daily driver
    2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
    rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
    114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
    1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
    Dead and sold.

latemodelrestoration.com has them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks sly! You're the man!
      2010 Toyota Camry "Traveller II "
      54,xxx miles. New daily driver
      2001 Lincoln Town Car Signature "Leroy"
      rear cats deleted, 2" h pipe, dual 8" cherry bomb glasspacks
      114k miles. Sold to my coworker.
      1998 Toyota Camry "Traveller"
      Dead and sold.

Comment

lemme know if they work. I may use them for getting the stock tune to STFU after I get the correct EGR tube on. I'm going to have to get O2 bungs welded to the down tubes as 95+ manifolds don't have the O2 bungs it seems. Meh... not a major deal. Just have to hit up a local exhaust shop and ask for some plugged bungs to be welded on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Do you know if the old trick of using a spark plug non-fouler, as a spacer to trick the O2 sensor into a good reading, actually works? Seems like that's the cheapest way to do it, especially since when you remove cats for pipes a lot of the time you need new bungs welded in anyways since they're often on the cat. I'd like to try that when I say up the money for the Magnaflow catback on the wife's 4Runner, and for my Suburban since I don't want to tune it yet.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

supposedly if it's just an issue of near miss readings it might, but spacing requires trial and error and may not even work.

Comment

Working...
            X