Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
    Yes, limited slip differential! Would love to have that
    Your box has one. I'm surprised your 97 doesn't. But guess who just got a spare LSD? It's moi.

Comment

well thanks for the input guys,

John, john, john, we need to talk, LOL
      "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
      -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
      -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
      -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Originally posted by porschpow View Post
        well thanks for the input guys,

John, john, john, we need to talk, LOL
        Ok hahaha

Comment

When I drove the box in the winter, no extra weight beyond the usual shit in the trunk and rebuilding the trac-lock. No problems with it either. THey put so much damn salt on the roads that I frankly haven't actually driven in snow in years. I'd rather be forced to buy winter tires if it meant they quit the liquid evil spray all over the roads.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I have the tires you are questioning. I cannot say if they are good or not as my Mercedes is so god damned awful in the snow. lol
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dmccaig View Post
              Dear Panthers,

Almost all my winter driving is interstate - except the 90 minutes from Interstate to farm which may or may not be plowed. I carry chains.

Donald
              Unfortunately many states do not allow use of chains on public roads, ironically many of said states have the problem of heavy snowfall and not enough snow removal equipment to keep up. On the other hand a ticket is often cheaper than a tow bill...
              The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
              The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I was surprised to learn chains are ok in Alabama but not in Vermont or New Hampshire. Huh?

Donald

Comment

That's just weird
                  "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
                  -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                  -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
                  -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Ultimately, I'm yet to meet a state trooper who'll stop you and give you a ticket for chains while 90% of the other motorists are struggling to gain even a resemblance of traction. Contrary to popular belief most of them are not out to get us on every count they can (that's what the local po-po does usually).
                    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

A lot of that has to do with how you act, both person to person with the officer and as a driver in general. If you aren't causing problems, they have other things to do than to screw with you just for the sake of doing it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Oh absolutely! Too many jackasses out there doing stupid things, if you separate yourself from them you're usually left alone. I've actually had officers impressed by the fact I took the time to chain up the trailer, apparently very few folks do that - well I wanna be able to use every wheel brake I got available, and if that means 6 or 7 axles worth of chains then so be it, I'd rather spend a short while on the shoulder gearing up then hang out in the ditch for hours waiting on the hook

Comment

Dear Panthers,

The PITA is getting chains on. When I know a big storm is coming and I've got to go somewhere I put the Shooting Brake into the barn and put on chains on a wood floor. Chains and limited slip are as good as 4wd. Off at the Interstate, easy-peasy. Putting them on parked on a snowy shoulder is hateful but having them and not putting them is really stupid. I grew up in Montana and should know better but . . . .

Donald

Comment

A lot of that has to do with how you act, both person to person with the officer and as a driver in general. If you aren't causing problems, they have other things to do than to screw with you just for the sake of doing it.
                            And if conditions warrant it, I'm sure he's happier that you are willing to go to the trouble of giving yourself traction than being another dumbass on the road getting stuck.
                            Similar with studs up here, as long as the scofflaws =-) are low in number, the studs will probably be overlooked.

Alex.
                            Last edited by GM_Guy; 12-12-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X