X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
    this is legit dude!!... i have a massive LED fetish myself.. how did you make them sound reactive?

Thanks!
    I have them wired into a little box with a mic of sorts in it, you can hook it up so any kind of light. They will be called 'sound controller' or 'sound response module' or something similar if you look for them.

Leave a comment:

• marquisman
    replied
    Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
    Geez, I haven't seen this thread in ages.

Indeed! But, its good that the dust gets blown off these old threads sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• pantera77
    replied
    Geez, I haven't seen this thread in ages.

Leave a comment:

• marquis_82_withneons
    replied
    this is legit dude!!... i have a massive LED fetish myself.. how did you make them sound reactive?

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    All my interior lighting is either part of the factory lighting wiring or the additional stuff runs off a relay supplied by the cig lighter wire and triggered by a key-on wire tapped off the stereo wiring.

The VU and frequency kits I saw were all stuff i found searching ebay and online, who knows where they are now, this was about 6 years ago when I did the 1st LED dash.

This is an ooooold pic, but you can see the relay and buss strip.

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 06-12-2009, 06:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• emorabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    This is actually what I wanted to do with the 1st LED dash... Id even like to split it up by frequency so different lights light up with bass, mid, and treble. I found hobby circuit kits for a VU meter and one for a frequency analyzer, but the complexity scared me away. Plus to do this you'd have to wire each LED separately... would be oodles and oodles more wiring so I nixed it.
    Could you point me in that direction? I think I'm wanting to go there. Your dash inspired me to get a saturating iron and learn more about tall of this. What are you using to power all those bad boys?

Leave a comment:

• 70torino429
    replied
    wow man, youve gotta set me up with an led dash like that lol, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Freakin awesome.

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    here's another clip from the driver's seat going down the road... you definitely see more of the direct LED shine, so yes they are a little distracting, lol... but I don't normally drive with them going.

I just shot this because this catchy song came on the radio... I normally don't like this kind of music, ESPECIALLY T-Payne, but this is one of the few 'poppy' R&B songs I actually like.

This video gives a good idea of how much light my camera misses - you can see the in-clock-hole tach looks like its not lit up at all. It is lit up with blue LED, its just very dim since its only got one 1st-gen LED in it.

Last edited by 85crownHPP; 06-03-2009, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    damn

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    unfortunately there was no single tail there...

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Did it get you some tail?

Leave a comment:

• 85crownHPP
    replied
    Lovin' the cable ideas...!!

I showcased the light show this weekend at a big out-in-the-woods house/field/camp party I went to saturday night... the 85 was the music and show for most of the night.
    Between all the LEDs in the courtesy lights, doors, trunk, and of course these pulsing sound response ones in the dash, folks kept calling the 85 "the mothership" I guess also due to the amount of funk emanating from it

Leave a comment:

• zoomie
    replied
    Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
    CAT 5!!! good idea... I didnt even think about that. Thats 5 wires in one... say one for each of 5 clusters for each level maybe... doing three frequencies would only require 3 cables if i can share grounds... ooooo!!!!!!!!!! :led:
    another thing you could do is use a printer cable as well just cut the end off and strip the wires see if you can find thos shcematic again i want to build a light show in my car for the world series of cars coming up in july

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    I've purchased 12 conductor intercom cable before. I think it was 24 ga wire inside, which ought to be plenty enough for an LED. It was pretty close to the same jacket diameter as CAT5.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X