1997 Grand Marq Wiper issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Grand Marq Wiper issue

Okay, so my pops has a 1997 Grand Marquis, and he told me that when he turns his wipers off, they do not recline back to the home or park position, they stay up a bit. Me, being me, didn't bother testing all the small stuff, go big or go home haha and decided full replacements of everything possible saves headaches. First did the the wiper switch on the steering column, still same issue, did the entire wiper motor today (w a brand new wiper motor) and still having the issue now.

I am at a loss...

ideas?

pull the wiper arms off and move them a notch or 3. save the old parts as spares.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
      pull the wiper arms off and move them a notch or 3. save the old parts as spares.
      Totally forgot to mention one thing I discovered toward the end.

If you turn wipers on full speed and then quickly turn the knob all the way to off, the blades will stop and then recline to home position as they are supposed to do when turned off. But if they are in any reg/medium speed and you have em on and then go to turn it off. they just get stuck in the position before they would normally recline...

very EFFIN WEIRD

Comment

ah. then you have a wiper module problem. May just be a connector issue on the module, but the module may also be bad. It should be located under the dash to the right of the steering column IIRC. couldn't find a pic on-line for the location of it though. In whales, it's located next to the lighting control module. Not so sure about the late aeros.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          ah. then you have a wiper module problem. May just be a connector issue on the module, but the module may also be bad. It should be located under the dash to the right of the steering column IIRC. couldn't find a pic on-line for the location of it though. In whales, it's located next to the lighting control module. Not so sure about the late aeros.
          Yeah I have trouble finding that damn thing when looking at any parts stores etc online. Made me seriously wonder...

so I think I got lucky using an already sold one on ebay's model number. I THINK this is what I need: e7sb-14a624-bb

Comment

yeah... I think that's the one... or raid a junk yard or ask one of the guys on here that visit yards often to keep a lookout for a wiper module for ya.

Comment

Interesting, I have the same problem, with my 97 LTC, but when I turn it off real quick while it's wiping doesn't always park though, unlike the OP, I will look into the wiper module. Probably cost as much as a dang motor
              "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
              -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Junkyard would be your friend with the module. Chances are high the "new" one won't last half as long as a factory one.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

E7 is a 1987 part number. Not totally sure that would still have been in use in a 1997. Not impossible though, there were a LOT of things that were used for many many years on this platform.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                  X