Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to upgrade sound system

Hi there,
    i am trying to upgrade my stereo system from the original one to a new one i need some help with the wiring,
    My car is: grand marquis ls
    Model: 1998
    The new stereo system is: (3w7t-18c868-af)

do you know what year/make/model the new one came out of? does it have the harness to plug into it?

Metra 70-1771 wire harness can be used to connect to your factory harness in your 98.

if that is the radio from an 03 vic, you'll need the 24pin harness and possibly other harnesses for accessories if you add on later (and it doesn't seem that many places have just the 24 pin connector by itself)... Metra 71-5520-1

just use those 2 harnesses and solder them together according to the included pinouts and you'll have your adapter cable.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If the new stereo came out of an 03+ there is a good chance that it won't fit in the dash. The unit that is in your 98 slants down in the rear because of the defrost duct. The newer radios are full size and will not fit in 02 down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Forgot about the duct issue. Bah.

Sent from Blaster coming at ya from Autobot City.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
        X