Torker II or Victor Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht
    should I go with a 1" or 1/2" carb spacer?
    I wonder why the 1/2" is more expensive...
    BTW, what's Phenoilc material?

The Phenoilc one is plastic keeps the carb cooler. One issue with them I have had them crack. Almost sucked one right through Freight Train. It was a fore hole one was about to loose the hole center of it . If I hadent noticed the cracks starting in the sides it would have.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny
      You might end up smoking your marauder with better heads nate. That would kick ass.
      Thats teh goal oneday is to beable to smoke that beast because my Marauder is not stock anymore so if I do it would be a great accomplishment just my 2cents
      The Best
      Past and Present Any Questions...................

Comment

BTW, what's Phenoilc material?
        Its a hard plastic, kind of like bakelite. Good for high temps but it tends to be kind of brittle.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't think I'd trust that on an intake....
          I wouldn't want it to pull a 4.6 and crack
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I don't think I'd trust that on an intake....
            I wouldn't want it to pull a 4.6 and crack

Tons of people use them, We made a carb adapter out of phenol for my friends Supercharged 2.3L. I used a spacer on the 87 between the upper and lower intakes.

It's a glass bead impregnated composite. Pretty damn tough stuff.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

it wont break unless you bend or try to tighten it to a non-flat surface. its pretty tough. Cheap pot metal does the same thing, no flexibility, it just breaks. The 4.6 intake isn't phenol i don't think, but rather some abs like material kind of like the side tanks on a radiator.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X