• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
    Got paypal?
    Yes, but let me find the damn thing.

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
    Nate, is that the same one I sold you? This is becoming another one of those parts that will eventually be sold to every active member of GMN, lol.
    Yes.
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Uh, has anyone bothered to take a look at how much fuel the CFI pump can actually supply?

Comment

30-40gph, according to Napa Online (I used PN NFPP74028 for a cursory check).

Bowmang, this may mean needing a fuel system upgrade if you go with a bigger cam like we've been PMing about (the 444211 is the cam that seems to be indirectly prompting Pirate to recommend the 120gph mechanical pump mentioned above).
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

Bowmang, this may mean needing a fuel system upgrade if you go with a bigger cam like we've been PMing about (the 444211 is the cam that seems to be indirectly prompting Pirate to recommend the 120gph mechanical pump mentioned above).
          30-40 gph? Well, golly gee, what an excellent idea'r!

Not.

Comment

Most likely true, especially with your diagnosis regarding my fuel pumps rated at 30gph and 40gph. Maybe he's able to get away with it so far because he's still running a stock Vic cam?

Comment

You also seem to forget i'm running an aftermarket holley in-take EFI pump. Trust me, it will be plenty of fuel.
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                30-40 gph? Well, golly gee, what an excellent idea'r!

Not.
                Meh, mine is perfect for everything that im running, now.
                It was in the plans to change the fuel pump when things are getting upgraded, I just didnt feeling like spending the coin for a pump that wasnt needed for the time. But when upgraded, i will still use the Tee method.
                But me, id rather have an electric fuel pump, IMO.
                ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
                ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

You also seem to forget i'm running an aftermarket holley in-take EFI pump. Trust me, it will be plenty of fuel.
                  I believe it! Do you remember what that one's rated at?

Comment

I believe it! Do you remember what that one's rated at?
                    110 I think.

Comment

Mercmarquis: I had thought that sumping a tank was a fairly involved process ... and potentially dangerous, too, considering it'd involve cutting and welding on a used fuel tank?
                      Involved? Not really... 3-5 hours.. Dangerous? No....

Think about it this way, the car has had a complete resto. The bolts for the tank would come out easy, as it was all apart not too long ago.

You are not doing any cutting or welding on the tank, you remove the pickup, and remove the fuel pump. Then you get a short line of 3/8 tube and stick it in place of the fuel pump. Then you can tig weld a fitting to the fuel line. Cap the return or weld another fitting to connect to a return line depending on the type of fuel system you run. Bend new hard line and you'll be on your way.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

110 I think.

that's Liters Per Hour rating though, and at like 80 psi...
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis View Post
                          Involved? Not really... 3-5 hours.. Dangerous? No....

Think about it this way, the car has had a complete resto. The bolts for the tank would come out easy, as it was all apart not too long ago.

You are not doing any cutting or welding on the tank, you remove the pickup, and remove the fuel pump. Then you get a short line of 3/8 tube and stick it in place of the fuel pump. Then you can tig weld a fitting to the fuel line. Cap the return or weld another fitting to connect to a return line depending on the type of fuel system you run. Bend new hard line and you'll be on your way.
                          Sumping the tank in the other sense involves cutting a hole in the bottom of it, welding on basically a box over the hole, and adding your supply fittings out of that box. Bit different than just removing the fuel pump and making a new pickup using the stock hanger. I think thats where things got confused. Welding a big box on the bottom of a previously used fuel tank is potentially dangerous just because of the fumes. You'd have to wash the tank out real well so it doesn't explode on you.

And yes, EFI pumps are rated in lph, not gph.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I found the Lokar cable; some pieces are missing, so its basically a piece of shit. Fuck my life.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Fuck.

Comment

I've never heard of modifying a pickup tube being referred to as "sumping the tank". I thought it was typically referred to as "modifying a pickup tube".

Comment

Working...
                                X