No announcement yet.

Hard Starting, Hesitation, & Rough Idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I've seen the line before; right below it, some POS critter stashed a small pile of half eaten acorns.

Packman

Comment

You'll need to measure the diameter of the fitting to see what size you'll need.

Comment

Can this line be bought new in one piece, or is this something that I gotta fab up when it comes time to replace lines?

Packman

Comment

I don't know. It's not one solid piece of metal though. I believe there are some quick connects located along the line. One other that comes to mind is the one that's down and the back of the bottom of the engine.

Comment

Probably the one that I came close to mangling when I first changed the oil filter in that car LOL.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              Probably the one that I came close to mangling when I first changed the oil filter in that car LOL.

Packman
              It's around that general area yes.

Comment

Hmm.....now that I think of it, I might take a look at that line for laughs and giggles. I gotta take the CV off of the planks to get a jack under the front of the car. Damn lowering springs:smirk:.

Packman

Comment

if you dead head the line, more than likely, if the pump were good, you'd see over 100psi and your regulator would start leaking were its piched together.

check the vacuum line to the regulator and make sure there is no fuel in the line after the engine just ran(start it up and shut it off), if your all good there, put a pump in it.

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                    if you dead head the line, more than likely, if the pump were good, you'd see over 100psi and your regulator would start leaking were its piched together.

check the vacuum line to the regulator and make sure there is no fuel in the line after the engine just ran(start it up and shut it off), if your all good there, put a pump in it.
                    THIS.

YOU SHOULD GET 38-42PSI WITH THE RETURN LINE CONNECTED. DON'T BOTHER GETTING THE STUFF TO BLOCK OFF THE RETURN LINE.

Sorry about the caps, I just don't want you spending the extra money. Just trying to get your attention.
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                    91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                    93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                    Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                    Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                    95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Yah, I found a regulator for $25, so I got one. I'll be changing it out this weekend. At this point, I believe the pump is still good because the brief test at the outlet of the fuel filter showed that it was pumping alright.

Packman

Comment

its pumping, but doesnt have enough volume

Comment

You can test the regulator by hooking up a hand vacuum pump to it and hooking a fuel pressure gauge up. The pressure should drop when you apply vacuum. If you don't have a hand vacuum pump, you should buy one. They're not too expensive and they're way too handy not to have around if you work on cars a lot.
                          Originally posted by gadget73
                          There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                          91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                          93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                          Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                          Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                          95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I changed the fuel pressure regulator with no affect on the s**t performance. I haven't taken it out on the road yet, but by listening to it while playing with the throttle, it wasn't responsive; it'll suck air long before the the throttle would kick in. My parents are calling the mechanic tomorrow to have him look at it. Probably closer to what jayh has been saying all along. I could probably do an in-tank fuel pump install; I came close to doing it last year for my S-10, but NAPA dropped the ball on that one. If I were to try and tackle that project, I would order one from RockAuto and do it in the driveway. So that's that with the CV. On a positive note, I did replace a couple vacuum lines and the whole intake system minus the lower intake, received a thorough cleaning.

Packman

Comment

Yup, the pump was bad. And the ignition went south at the garage as well.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X