87 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 Mercury Grand Marquis.

Okay so First of all hello, my name is ken I'm from canada , winnipeg to be exact. Anyhow, I have a 1987 mercury grand marquis four door 302, auto, mostly stock besides after market radio and the tranny was swapped out. Anyhow. My issue is my friend has a 87 lincoln, and were trying to find out a way to pull codes, and I know theres a way but I'm not entirely sure how to. Anyhow if you could let me know how and if you could link me to a site with what the codes mean. He like me has the same set up 302 auto, stock. And if anyone knows anyway if theres a way to replace a whole fender as My car came in contact with a pole and its got a nice dent, It seems mine are welded in place, or at least a place to order a panel from. Anyhow thats all I have for questions. Thanks Guys.

Welcome to GMN. Dented front fender? One of the junkyards in your area "might" be able to order you a new fender. I was able to order a new fender for my '92 Crown Victoria at one of the junkyards in my city. I paid $157 (after taxes) and the part arrived within the same week I ordered it
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I don't know enough about the codes to help with that, but I'm sure someone here will.

But I've never heard of fenders being welded in place? Are you talking about the rear quarter panels? They are always welded, while the front fenders are always bolted on. If so, replacing a quarter panel is a lot harder than a fender. And you'll probably end up taking your car to a good body repair shop.

Comment

Front Fenders unbolt. Theres actually only like 10 bolts holding the thing on. I pulled one just yesterday for a Towncar but a Grand Marq is basically put together the same way,

Codes are easy, see here for info: http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

The self test connector is on the driver's side near the windshield washer bottle.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X