It lives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It lives!

Fixed her up for the most part git rid of the miss.. The code came up as a MAP sensor so It was still under warrenty on top of that I gave fresh plugs (one plug had build up on it) so changed those.. checked the Cap and rotor its all good and wires as well.. and aloso deleted the EGR system which was detached anyway explaining the exhuast leak and finally changed the valve cover gaskets which was completely gross.. i had to scrape the outside lips of the valve cover with a screwdriver and wh knew there is actually sticker on the valve conver from the factory Haha... Also adjust the TPS voltage to .999 so its right on the money and super snapy and as well bumped up the timing to around 14.. Still has a little bit of a fast surge to it so it just sounds like it has a cam.. Im still on the hunt for thar but Ive got it narrowed it down to the IAC I think.. Any ideas.. Thnaks Mangs for the help

You're using an aftermarket MAP? Throw it away before it fails again, I don't care if it is new. I'd take a 20 year old Ford MAP sensor before a new Autozone sensor any day of the week.
    1992 CVLX. 5.0 HO/GT40P/T5/3.73/trak-lok with bolt ons. 02 front CVPI setup, rear HPP setup, CVPI shocks around, F250 radiator, e-fans, and the power of 3G. 15.92@89mph, 2.4 60', 4700' elevation (5500' DA) with 3.08 open rear and the old oil chugging 289. RIP.

Comment

sadly a lot of the new sensors aren't as durable or accurate as old used originals. The OEM stuff was actually made by Bosch for the most part, so if you can get Bosch replacements they would probably work out fine.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I Know but its under warenty so what the hell its for free.. I just need to pin point this surging crap..

Comment

FIXED IT.. New IAC and cleaned out the EGR.. Even though I disconnected everything (EGR) I guess its still pumping air.. i gotta delete it and put a plate there eventually.. But yea I just blew it out and clean it slapped the new IAC on and its runs awesome.. even better than before with all the new shit I added going threw it try to find the problem

Comment

Dam I guess nobody cares Haha

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
              Dam I guess nobody cares Haha
              I care...
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Nothing like a smooth running Crown Vic!

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  I care...
                  Haha.. Why thank you

@Ford Man. Hell yea nice smooth and strong (No Homo) Hahaha

Comment

smooth running is always nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                    X