Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bulk vacuum hose elbows?

Hey!

On my new project car, the vacuum lines are dry and friable as egyptian mummies, or a now-obscure english dirigible's outer cloth (it "sank" on its maiden voyage).
    I fixed two leaks, only to find I caused two more just rooting around the intake plenum.

The vacuum lines are hard lines, which I can buy by the 3' roll at at advance,
    and they have these rubber 90 degree elbows on the ends.

I want to do ALL of them.

The elbows are 1/8", both ends; and 1/8" vac line too of course.

Advance sells the elbows, but at $2 apiece. I'm talking about fabricating like 20 lines, which is $40 just in rubber elbows.

Know where I can buy a bulk pack?

And yeah, it really does need to be hard line, with 90 degree elbows on the ends.
    It would get crowded, confusing, and with possibly kinked lines, to use the thicker rubber vacuum line and run wide arcs. There are too many of them.

Comment

just use bulk vacuum hose and cut to length. leave the elbows off unless you absolutely need them to make a corner. Also, if the elbows on there are still good, just cut the hard line that in it about half an inch or so away from it and press the bulk hose onto that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X