Belts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belts...

I dont remember If I asked this before but anyway was wondering if I could run a serpintine belt on the vic it has two belts one for the smog and AC and one for the alt and drive shit.. Cant find anything on the two belts for part numbers.. Vato Zone only has single Serpitines. Any ideas??

vato zone is retarded. There are two belts on these cars, different lengths. Anyplace with half a brain will be able to pull up belt info and give you two lengths. The short one goes on the alternator side, the longer one on the AC side.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

alt/ps/wp belt is a 500k6 the a/c belt is a 600k6

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

O'Reilly pulled up the belt numbers for me like anything else, no issue.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I have a 505k6 on my panthers for the alt/ps/water/crank... the 500k6 won't reach (3g alt).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Depends on which pulley you use with your 3G.
            If the stock 2G pulley, the stock belt fits.

Alex.

Comment

Yeap stock 2G Gayness for now.. Thnaks for the help and the part numbers mang

Comment

the 500k6 wouldn't even fit using the stock 1G pulley in the Mark. I don't think I ground enough off the bracket for the alt to swing far enough... but the 505k6 works like a champ on both.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                X