Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Pump Relay Location

Hi guys,
    '84 grand marquis 5.0 TBI 95k miles, started missing a bit, and felt like it was losing power. I put in a new fuel filter drove it a bit and same thing. Put in some gas treatment seemed to run better and went home. I had a new distributor cap and rotor so i put them on. Now it will not start, but it cranks over good. Put on a new coil, got good spark, but still will not start. Thinking maybe fuel pump, but reading the posts, I want to check the fuel pump relay. I have the owner guide, but it doesn't show where the relay is. So what i'd like to know if anyone would know where the relay is located, and if there is anything else I could check. thanks!!

Possibly on the Driver's fender near the Coolant recovery/Window Washer tank? At least on an '87 it is.....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

ok,just went out to my 85 LTD the only two relays i could find are on the drivers side inner fender under a black cover about 8 to 10 inches forward of the brake booster and is located there(i cant tell you which of the two is for the fuel pump,ill try to find out when it is not dark out)
      Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info, I'm going out to find them relays now for future use. I found I some how mixed up the firing order on the distributor. (i'm an old chevy guy, and I still don't know why fords cylinder numbers are different than chevy............lol) Thanks for all your help

Comment

Originally posted by zz61 View Post
          Thanks for the info, I'm going out to find them relays now for future use. I found I some how mixed up the firing order on the distributor. (i'm an old chevy guy, and I still don't know why fords cylinder numbers are different than chevy............lol) Thanks for all your help
          it happens....had a friend that bought a late 80s F150.....did a tune up....ran like crap......(die hard chevy guy)...brought it to my friends shop back in oklahoma.......rewired it ....ran great......lol,anyways......i always have to redo the timing on my lincoln(havent done any timing work on the coupe yet,if its not broke......) because i forget to un plug the spout thingy.....then its a big headache to start from scratch and do it right
          Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zz61 View Post
            Hi guys,
            '84 grand marquis 5.0 TBI 95k miles, started missing a bit, and felt like it was losing power. I put in a new fuel filter drove it a bit and same thing. Put in some gas treatment seemed to run better and went home. I had a new distributor cap and rotor so i put them on. Now it will not start, but it cranks over good. Put on a new coil, got good spark, but still will not start. Thinking maybe fuel pump, but reading the posts, I want to check the fuel pump relay. I have the owner guide, but it doesn't show where the relay is. So what i'd like to know if anyone would know where the relay is located, and if there is anything else I could check. thanks!!
            Well looks like your all set now I think the fuel pump relay is a very delicate part of every car. I had mine replaced I think twice within 3 years. I should really be careful with it :<

Comment

Working...
            X