replacing injectors, need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing injectors, need help!!

ok took the intake plenum off got to the old injectors and replaced them. i buttoned everything back up and started the car. it ran real good for about 30 seconds, then feul started squirting from the top of 2 of the injectors where it plugs into the feul rail, what could be the cause? i'm almost positive they are setting right, could the o rings be bad? i got the injectors used, they are all 14lb oem. also it was my first time doing a job like this are there any tips on how to put them in right? and how to take them out? thanks

Nick

I'd check the orings. Might be doubled up or just bad.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

aight will do, gotta tear it down again, i didn't know i could test it by turning the ignition on before i buttoned it all up

Nick

Comment

you probably nicked those o-rings........easy to do, i've done it a few times........try again, a pack of 16 o-rings is like 3 bucks..........use some spray lithium grease on the o-rings so it goes together easier
        good kuck
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah, lube the O rings a little, and make sure you push the fuel rail on straight and even. If the injector gets in there crooked, it will slice the O ring right apart and dump fuel everywhere. Been there, done that, have the burnt wiring harness to prove it.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

hey guys,

project complete!! it turns out i did slice 2 o rings, i was more carefull the 2nd time, all went smooth! the car runs soooo nice now, its hard to tell its running when idleing, much smoother and more powerfull accelleration, not to mention it solved a bucking issue the car had as well! it spins the tires from a stop hehe. i also cleaned everything while it was off, the throttlebody is spotless on the inside as well as the inside of the plenum! i got pics just gotta upload them!

Nick

Comment

Good job!
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
              X