Bosch fuel pump vs stock question. and stock pump internal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch fuel pump vs stock question. and stock pump internal

im wondering about the stock fuel pump. what do they cost, whats their flow, are there plastic gears inside or metal.

and what do you think about Bosch 155lph fuel pump #69070 ? im worried mine will quit on me, and it would be good to get one put in before somthing like that were to happen.

I would not bother. If it dies replae it, but putting a new one in is no garantee that it will last. The pumps in our cars a plenty ample for anything you do. Even though they are in the tank, they are the same pump that the trucks use as frame mount. It's the same pump that fuels EFI 460s, that have stock 24#s, so don't even worry about flow rate. These pumps are supposed to last a long ass time, and they do, I replaced my 449,000kilometer pump because I thought it was the source of a problem, and it wasn't.

Comment

The stockers are less than 88lph. Not really worth replacing unless it is failing.

Bosch is a good company...dunno about that specific one though.

surprisingly, my stock pump is working OK it seems even pushing the high side of 250HP. I did upgrade my last cars pump to a 110lph, which was an upgrade to my stock 2.3L mustang....that made a huge difference.

And just because I'm a stubborn argumentative SOB...most Ford trucks use 2 or more pumps...
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
      X