HO upper intake and throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HO upper intake and throttle body

I have both an upper and lower intake from a 90 Cobra including the throttle body, egr, etc. Will it make a noticeable difference if I just put the upper intake, throttle body, and egr? I'm not going to upgrade the cam or the heads since this car runs too well, so I don't know if it will run poorly if I don't do a complete HO conversion.
    Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
    2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
    Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
    Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Really? They never made a cobra in 90. 93 was the first year for the return of the cobra....they had stopped in the early 80's.

If it's a Motorsport Cobra intake, it will require some mods...
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

My mistake, its a standard HO intake from a 90 Mustang GT with the stock 60mm throttle body/egr. I was looking up something about the cobras using a 65mm throttle body at the same time.
      Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
      2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
      Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
      Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Ah, it will be fine, you'll need to get your stock EGR spacer bored out to 60mm. It will help out even a stock lopo motor, and should run without any issues. I ran the HO upper and TB on mine...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Originally posted by 87mefull
          Will it make a noticeable difference if I just put the upper intake, throttle body, and egr?
          Yes. The change was quite noticeable. You'll like it.

HO with Explorer Cam, Electric Fan, Cop Sway Bars, Dual exhaust with no mufflers, 15x7" American Racing; 215/70R15's front, 255/60R15's rear, 3.55's with Trak-Lok.

Comment

Working...
          X