Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to do a full exhaust, will these work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to do a full exhaust, will these work?

ok i'm trying to redo the exhaust on my merc but have little knowledge as to what will work without a problem, i'm in pa and i need to have cat converters so what are my best choices?

i found these

will these fit without a problem?

h-pipe:

i'll be updating the list with links, lemme know what will work and what won't work! thanks guys! also i'm looking for a nice deep sound not too too loud but definitely noticeable!

Nick
    Last edited by Nick52284; 04-28-2006, 11:23 PM.

those will work... but if you could find a pair without that weird riser, thatd be better. plus, i think a mustang H pipe will work, with O2 sensor bosses and cats.

grand_marquis_gt: "Wow dude, you got the GMGT sedan!"

there, now im cool too

Comment

what riser thing are you talking about? sorry, i'm kinda new to these kind of exhaust's

Nick

Comment

94-95 Mustang headers have a pipe connection on them for the EGR valve. Look at the one on the right, one up from the bottom and you'll see it sticking up. The 93 and older ones don't have that. You can just put a pipe plug in there, no big deal but if you're gonna buy a set might as well get ones you don't have to plug.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ahh aight, well i found these, they seem to be a good deal?

and will these bolt up to the h-pipe system i found in my first post?

Nick

Comment

i have a set of stock shorty headers for 86-93 mustangs.......i'mabout 90 min away
            scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

really? how much do you want for them? i'd take the drive there to get them! road trips are always fun!

Nick

Comment

30 bucks? 10 gallons of gas lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                X