No announcement yet.

Small Block Windsor Full Length Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ryan didnt i remember you saying they would prob bolt on in a 302 box?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
      ryan didnt i remember you saying they would prob bolt on in a 302 box?
      very very small possibility, but they will hit the shifter linkage on either 302 or 351, also on the 351 my passenger side tubes are almost hitting the control arm.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

:bump: Yay bumpage. You can blame mrltd for linking to this thread from a newer one.

Originally posted by Nathan in MI View Post
        No one makes long tubes that fit panther bodies. However, Colin (Mr. Land Yacht) has a buddy that took a set made for a Mustang and made them fit a '90-'91 Crown Vic. They'd need to be done a bit differently to fit the '79-'89 bodies (yes, they are slightly different), but if you're dead set on long tubes, you might talk to the guy and see if you can't work something out.
        Colin's still didn't fit. Can't remember why, but I think he said it was still hitting the steering even after being tweaked on once or twice. I'm guessing the car his friend used for fitment had a few things in slightly different places for some reason.

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
        Even with tails, I smell exhaust when the POS isn't rolling. People can tell if I arrived by Panther, just by the aroma I bring into a room after driving it, LOL. Putting new cats on the car might help this. Also driving WOT everywhere couldn't hurt, either.
        The closed breather system I just installed on it helps a lot.

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
        Why is that? For the money, no one else is close to what BBK produces regarding quality/fitment.
        This is probably true; I'm really impressed with those big thick flanges.

Originally posted by DuceAnAHalf View Post
        very very small possibility, but they will hit the shifter linkage on either 302 or 351, also on the 351 my passenger side tubes are almost hitting the control arm.
        My long-tube fitment experiment on a 302 car ran into big issues between the starter and p/s framerail, which is why I was so surprised when Colin claimed his p/s header didn't need any modification (same p/n headers IIRC). That said, it's possible a mini starter would help with the issue I experienced. I have no idea whether anything else would have cleared because the d/s header never went near the car.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Colin's still didn't fit. Can't remember why, but I think he said it was still hitting the steering even after being tweaked on once or twice. I'm guessing the car his friend used for fitment had a few things in slightly different places for some reason.
          I think the guy tried to tweak them for him, but he still didn't have a pre-'90 car to work with, so he would have just been guessing about what had to be changed, rather than having the car right there to really get it right.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Working...
          X