Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buddy Needs YOUR Help Making an '86 Tudor Marauder!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, someone on CVN put a Jaguar IRS into a (I beleive) 98-02 vic.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by mrltd View Post
      And it only took how many years? It's probably becuase GM brought the craparo back and it's got IRS now.

Not too mention the mustang cobras have had IRS for how many years now???
      99-04 got irs then lost it after that to keep cost down

one of these days my moms mustang is getting 03-04 cobra irs

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
      Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        For the record, someone on CVN put a Jaguar IRS into a (I beleive) 98-02 vic.

yup 00 vic with 87 jag IRS and air suspension... No pics that I've found

My 00 crown victoria police interceptor on air ride with 87 jaguar IRS and SLP loudmouth II MufflersHeres a link to the build threadhttp://www.crownvic.net/u...
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

there is a build thread on www.streetsourcemag.com
          I will see if I can find it later

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

That is hideous.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post

'10, and '11 GTs outhandled the IRS equipped Challenger and Camaro in slaloms, on road courses, and on the skid pad.
              ....and it didn't do too well against a BMW M3, when Motor Trend compared the two last month or so. Yes, on a smooth track, the Mustang keeps up, (at least on corner exit and straightaways where the Mustang's low-end grunt outpulls the high-winded V8 of the M3, technical areas went straight to the M3) but if the Mustang didn't have the engine it did, it would have done a lot worse. It also didn't help that the Mustang came with wussy shock absorbers that did very little to control the car over 70-80 mph....

And concerning the skidpad/road course testing, the problem with the Camaro/Challenger is weight, not the IRS. If both the Camaro and Challenger could lose some weight....game over. However, I don't like the new Camaro (cartoonish), and the Challenger is a gold-chain-crowd (drywall company and body shop owners) car for guys who listen to the same Boston song, over and over, at volume-setting 11.

Having owned a pile of cars with solid rear axles, and having driven and/or modified a lot more....I'll stick with the IRS for a road car.

However, all that being said....I still want to see this drivetrain swap done with this car.

Comment

*bump*
                Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

It's still in the planning stages, folks. Want to give any more advice, speak now or forever hold your peace!
                  Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    It's still in the planning stages, folks. Want to give any more advice, speak now or forever hold your peace!
                    Advice?

Shut up and build it already, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                      Advice?

This!

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                        Advice?

We were going to, but then some punk on a forum convinced us otherwise.

You guys are right, this MGM is a nice driver as-is. It's been very well cared for before we got it. 1998 front end upgrades and a hotter windsor look mighty fine, tho. And going nuts with 2003+ stuff isn't out of the question.

Short term? A Tripminder tune up (http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00022.html) a new dash top (it has a poorly fitting overlay right now), new backup light and the digital Premium Sound stereo in lieu of the current two knober. After that...I donno. This car is NICE when you drive it slowly.

Comment

pm me or message me on aim or facebook if you need any advice

also check out the thread in scott's automotive on gmgt's project79........that car handles and stops incredibly

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                            pm me or message me on aim or facebook if you need any advice

also check out the thread in scott's automotive on gmgt's project79........that car handles and stops incredibly
                            Thanks man, I might do that. You and Gadget have always posted amazing stuff.

Comment

Them two are just some of a select few that choose to pioneer the panther platform.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Them two are just some of a select few that choose to pioneer the panther platform.
                                Yeah, not that everyone else doesn't contribute...I'm just professing man-love for their Panthers. :smirk:

Comment

Working...
                                X