No announcement yet.

Walker 54016 Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which is why the dinky 2" compliments it, it has no balls above 3 grand so why not use small pipe lol
    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
      This'll be a good reference if I ever upgrade to 2.5" exhaust, if I ever build an engine that needs it. So far my 2" system works great, keeps torque down low where I want it.
      I used GMN's favorite piece-it-together system.

FRPP headers (p heads)
      2.5" non-catted mustang H-pipe (same one as I have on the battle wagon)
      4ft of 2.5" pipe (I'm going to modify the H-pipe to suit my needs, don't want any of the ill fitting s-10 mid pipe BS)
      2, 2.5" offset/offset summit turbo mufflers (didn't really want anything that loud, plus with no cats I figure it should still have a hint of noise)
      Walker/Dynomax 2.5" Impala SS tailpipes
      and 2, 12", angled, rolled 3" stainless tips.

The best part is it is all mandrel bent, not that crushed, crimp bent BS like 99% of exhaust shops do. (There is only one place around here that does mandrel bending, and their prices are insane)

Can't wait to see how much the 89 will enjoy this!
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Make sure to check shipping prices on those tailpipes...there is some oversize or non-box fee and that makes it much more costly then going to your local NAPA and ordering them.

Good luck,
        Don
        '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
          I used GMN's favorite piece-it-together system.

FRPP headers (p heads)
          2.5" non-catted mustang H-pipe (same one as I have on the battle wagon)
          4ft of 2.5" pipe (I'm going to modify the H-pipe to suit my needs, don't want any of the ill fitting s-10 mid pipe BS)
          2, 2.5" offset/offset summit turbo mufflers (didn't really want anything that loud, plus with no cats I figure it should still have a hint of noise)
          Walker/Dynomax 2.5" Impala SS tailpipes
          and 2, 12", angled, rolled 3" stainless tips.

The best part is it is all mandrel bent, not that crushed, crimp bent BS like 99% of exhaust shops do. (There is only one place around here that does mandrel bending, and their prices are insane)

Can't wait to see how much the 89 will enjoy this!
          Sounds good, but I would have gone with long case Magnaflows over turbos, I had a 3"/dual 2.5" out 24" case Mag on my Sierra, no cat and it was very quiet cruising, it was loud when I stepped on it but otherwise was very nice to drive. Now it has an 18" Mag and side exits so it's a ton louder but if I were to do a quiet exhaust i'd get a pair of 24" Mags, those flow as well as any other muffler as well.
          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

only place to get the dynomax tailpipes anymore is rock auto.......i can no longer get the tails local, i used to be able to

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
              Which is why the dinky 2" compliments it, it has no balls above 3 grand so why not use small pipe lol

One of the few times when smaller is better, or at least that's the excuse.

All levity aside; even a lopo likes 2.5" piping.

Packman

Comment

Working...
              X