Project Modular Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Modular Madness

Yep, I've talked about it before, but it's finally time to put my bastard block 4.6 to good use.

My 89 doesn't seem to like 302's anymore so I'm going to try something different instead.

Drove my 92 out of the woods to the barn today to start disassembly.

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

I am laughing to myself thinking about how you are probably going to dismantle it. =-)

Alex.

Comment

It certainly should be fun.

2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I guess you can basically move around the firewall using jacks to ease removal.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

The poor '92 looks like it went through a death race match.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
            The poor '92 looks like it went through a death race match.
            And lost! I DO love the video. Just enough swear words and hope in the project to make it a classic!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

It looks like most cabs around here. The frames they are a-tweakin'
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Epic Video!
                Need to find a 4 valve and drop it in go huntin for Mark8 motors Yea! but I guess the 2 valve will work LOL

Comment

The 92's been through hell and back, went back to hell, did a huge burnout, then left again.

It still runs the exact same as when I was driving it on the road. Actually it only has 106K miles on it. Sure, the least 100 miles have been bouncing off the rev limiter, but guess what? It just don't give a shit. If I haven't hurt it by now, I'm wagering it will survive for a long while.

Also, the goal of this project isn't to make something fast, it's to make something reliable, fun, and different.

Comment

Love your attitude and outlook - GO FOR IT!!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                      Love your attitude and outlook - GO FOR IT!!! Bobby
                      Why not? Should be interesting at the very least. Plus that engine has sentimental value anyways, always planned on saving it, may as well put it to work!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                        Epic Video!
                        Need to find a 4 valve and drop it in go huntin for Mark8 motors Yea! but I guess the 2 valve will work LOL
                        Isn't the FWD Continental 4.6 the same as the Mark 8 engine? Ford should have put that in the Town Car and the 2V 4.6 in the Continental, but oh well. If I had a 4.6 TC and Conti, i'd flip flop engines.
                        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Thought about whether this would be a good swap. I'll be watching......

Comment

Originally posted by Krash Kadillak View Post
                            Thought about whether this would be a good swap. I'll be watching......
                            spoiler alert, it's not happening, he's building another 302 as we speak...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              spoiler alert, it's not happening, he's building another 302 as we speak...
                              Not on the HPP Box no, but that doesn't mean it's never going to happen. The Battle Wagon's lopo is pretty worn out, and that car has literally nothing but the bare essentials, which would make the swap a lot easier. No a/c or any BS.

Comment

Working...
                              X