Project 460

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project 460

It's been awhile since I have posted, because I am constantly changing my mind on what I want to do. I finally decided that a big block was in the near future, and I need ideas at how to make it all work properly. I got the motor from a 73 Lincoln with less than 40k miles on it. And a c6 trans to go with it. I think the c6 will be better than my c4 for this application, and toploaders are priced ridiculous. I want it to be fast, like enough to beat any of the new muscle cars and still be comfortable doing it. I have a basic idea of what it takes to build a 460 to 500hp, give or take a little. 500hp should be enough to thrash the new cars, because I will have so much more torque than them, and the car weighs 200 pounds less than the new Camaro. I am going to be running an aftermarket heater than takes much less space, and the new CV brake booster, it's a lot smaller. At the same time, I am doing big brakes up front, and discs out back. I have to find a new posi because I am going to use 31 spline axles, maybe 33s. One of my biggest concerns is the trans crossmember and how it is going to mount. Also, the driveshaft, I guess an aluminum one will probably be needed now and at a custom length. The trans will have a rmvb, just like the c4 has (I enjoy it a great deal, and breaking the tires loose every time I shift is fun). Along with this will be a redone interior, for the third time and hopefully last time. I was tossing around the idea for a full length center console and 4 bucket seats. Suspension is still bothering me, I want it low, but this engine is a monster, so I will be going back to 1200 springs up front and 350+ in the rear. Everything except the body mounts will probably be redone, and the paint will be the last thing. When all is done, it should out run the new cars, and come close to out handling them (lots of suspension ideas still floating around in my head). And instead of running 8.8 in the eight, 'm aiming for mid 7s, easily if I add nitrous. I will keep this updated whenever I can and hopefully it will come together quickly.

Blane
    Attached Files
    85' Crown Vic 2dr. Small tire stock block grudge car.
    09’ CTS-V family car making over 700whp with ease.
    79’ f350 427 ls7 swapped with th400. Prerunner setup
    64’ c30 dually. Slammed and turbo 5.3 with 4l80e

That are some great ideas.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>06 Mustang Bullet Rims 235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by 85ltd View Post
      Suspension is still bothering me, I want it low, but this engine is a monster, so I will be going back to 1200 springs up front and 350+ in the rear.
      Yes, having a strong suspension is important.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Don't forget brakes.
        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Awesome! This looks to be an interesting and unique build. Please keep us updated as often as you can.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Working...
            X