No announcement yet.

Curious: What about gas tanks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I had seen this last winter while my tank was out. Any distance driving in my car is a pain at 10 MPG. I could have raised my traveling distance another 20 miles per tank. Not a big increase but 20min does help. I'd shorten it in a heartbeat.
    sigpic
    89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
    13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
    "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
      What would stop someone from just cutting the filler neck short to get even more capacity than the bigger size? I have what I presume is the larger one and noticed I still have several inches sticking into the tank.
      lack of initiative basically. And you really need to be smooth about it too. You'll notice that the filler neck is tapered a dink at the end to help with insertion past the grommet. If you leave ANY burrs that will damage the tank grommet, you WILL have leaks. So you need to be able to bevel the lip in that you make just a little to prevent damaging the grommet.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
      X