Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM musclecar axle the same mounting points as a panther?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    So you're thinking you may be able to just order up a 9" for a Chevelle and modify it?

Didn't the "barge body" LTDs use a four-link with a 9"? Not that I expect those are up to serious performance duty .....
    And most barges didn't use a 9" rear. It's similar, but bigger and has like no aftermarket support.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      where does the shock go, or is it built into the air bag? I've seen some where the shock gets re-located to the side of the control arm but those setups look kind of rigged.

it's inside the bag... look at the linky man!
      Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

thats also a disturbing thing though, do you have to replace the bag if the shock wears out? I don't like things interconnected like that. Makes me think of air struts that have to be replaced as an expensive assembly when the cartridge inside wears out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
          And most barges didn't use a 9" rear. It's similar, but bigger and has like no aftermarket support.
          Yes, I had one of these completely useless behemoths in my garage at one time....I think it was a 9.75" rear or something....and it was built like the 8.8/12-bolt chevy (non-removeable carrier), just a hell of a lot heavier.

Comment

Working...
          X