Wagon down for a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wagon down for a bit

Went to replace the gears and bearigns to find that the inner races were spinning on the carrier. Which of course destroyed the carrier. All the bearings were toast, and the pinion was chipped in a bunch of places. With no known good spare diffs, the wagon was partially reassembled and pushed out of the shop. A detroit truetrac has been ordered and shipped today. If all goes well Tom muight be picked up in the wagon Friday. And hopefully I can race saturday too.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Yay for broken parts?
    When its busted UPGRADE?
    64 slices of canadian wagon?

I wonder if the new diff will shave some time off your autocross?
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

I don't think it'll help too much, but we'll see. It worked really well last time I raced with the stock TL. The rebuild should help milage though, that thing was dragging hardcore. I thought the cam was making the thing lurch at idle in gear, but I think now it was wasted everything in the rear.

Comment

oops. I guess you don't need my old clutches now?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nope but Scott has some spare clutches and shims now though. The guts are still good, but the carrier is toast.

Comment

That sucks! My buddy just broke an axle in his Corolla and toasted his (well actually my) entire 3rd member.

You will be happy with the Tru-Trac though. It should help stop some of the wheel spin on exits.

Comment

yup I'm hoping it will. If all goes well I'll be testing it saturday.

Comment

Your car was an absolute dream to ride in. Install was a GREAT SUCCESS!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Working...
                X