Sway bar information request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gadget
    Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
    Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
    Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
    Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
    sigpic

Comment

you can also buy energy suspention bushing buy size thats what i did in the front of my 87 g/m
      sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
      87 mercury grand marquis
      88 crown vic lx
      89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
      89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
      00 ford crown vic lx hpp
      03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        1 1/8" is police front bar.
        My '87 police front bar is right about 1.100"/28mm, actually, so .025" under that measurement for what it matters (or doesn't).

I just measured 1.175"/30mm on my '87 wagon bar, so very close to the 1-3/16" (1.1875") nominal size. Couldn't find the '79 bar tonight, maybe I'll find it in the morning.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Thanks 1987cp
          Vehicle: 1965 Pontiac Catalina (fastback 2+2)
          Chasis: 1982 Ford LTD Country Squire
          Drivetrain: 302 V8 carb, AOD, 8.8 with 3.08 gears.
          Big Brake swap and front suspension completed.
          sigpic

Comment

I found a 02 pi can I use the rear swaybar on my 88 tc

Comment

Does it use endlinks?

Comment

I think can't really tell car sits almost on rails. I did find a 3/4" bar from a 89 ltd with 3,000 miles on it. I reall want a 1" bar but all the jy are 95 or newer with a few exceptions. Anyone have one for sale or close to where I live Galena, KS.

Comment

"tell car sits almost on rails", meaning what?

You'll recognize immediately if the bar uses endlinks because it'll have frame-mount-style bushings mounting it to the axle housing and, well, bushed endlinks connected to tabs on the frame. Box-body swaybars as you know, just bolt to the lower control arms. I ask about the endlinks because the bar that came with a '91 Town Car axle that's in my possession used an endlink system, and so is not a direct bolt-on for a Box.

If you're upgrading from no rear bar at all, I'd probably snag that 3/4" bar if it's cheap.

Comment

Frame rails is what I ment. And I got the bar free so no complants there I just wanted a bigger bar for the fear that one day they'll be gone and no longer avalible.

Comment

... as in to say that your vehicle is radically lowered? :confused:

There are options for aftermarket bars, though they're not near as cheap as a used stocker (and PST's is a pain to install).

Comment

Yes... And by pts's you mean...

Comment

We have suspension kits, shocks and struts, strut rods, control arm, disc brakes, lowering springs, tie rod end adjusting sleeves, you name it we have it since 1984.

Not particularly popular, but it's the brand I have experience with. "G-Max" is their brand for aftermarket swaybars. Installation on my rear bar was screwy - it came with two heavy plates that bolt to the underside of the rear lower control arms, and the bar then bolts to the plates.

Comment

Working...
                          X