Difference between brake boosters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Difference between brake boosters?

I was looking up power brake boosters at work for a ~95 CV and noticed that there was a Civilian option and a police option with two different part numbers. No explanation as to what the difference is, and all the measurements that are listed in our books are exactly the same.

What's the difference between the 90's police brake boosters and civvy brake boosters?

Interesting, did not know there was any difference. Is there anything on p71interceptor.com? That guy is like the guru of p71 specific stuff. Might be able to email him and ask if he knows.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I was finally able to bring up some photos of both of them at my job today. They both look dead-on exactly the same, except the stud that goes into the master cylinder. They look ALMOST exactly the same, but the police version's splines take up slightly more of the length of the stud (though they both appear to be the same length still), and it appears (though I am not 100% certain) that the stud is slightly larger in diameter on the police version.

There are also separate P71/fleet/civvy master cylinders. I'm wondering if the bore is larger on P71 MC's so you can really step on it?

Comment

I think the police masters do have a larger bore now that you mention it. I think its only like 1/16" or something.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X