Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transmission Mount Part Number Please. 87 Town Car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Mount Part Number Please. 87 Town Car.

I work for pep boys and I myself nor any other part store have been able to locate a trans mount listing for a 1987 Lincoln Town Car. I came across a Westar WESM2464 (or something similar) and I took the 2464 number and searched it. Anchor and most others use this "2464" number. It is available, but it lists as a 80-82. What is going on here? They all had AOD trans. Why is there a difference in the listing? Is it the crossmember? From what I recall seeing on an 81 or 82 that I stripped, the crossmember was the same as the 87 that I have.
    87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
    Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Some years may have used a molded in stud, others a captured nut. Some years manufacturers tried playing with the shape of the mount to alter certain noises.
    Look at gm's TH350 mounts, good old skool mount with three captured nuts (like the urethane version you can buy) vs later model that has a stud sticking out of it, to yet others that have hollow spots and are soft as butter. All interchange, but some hold up better than others. Might very well be the case for ford as well.

Since you work in the store, you should try to get a paper illustrated manual for the brand of trans mounts you sell. Being an employee should make it relatively easy to get from your wholesaler.

Alex.

Comment

should be the same mount 1980-1989 at least. I seem to remember having problems finding one for my car. There was a gap in the listing from 86-87 for no obvious reason. Try one for an 88, it should show up.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I remember a member on here telling me that they purchased an energy suspension direct replacement for their Box Panther. I have never been able to find one listed. I can recall him telling me he didn't have to drill his crossmember either. The issue is that the mustang trans mount is about an inch taller, and the stud spacing is different. I had to drill out my crossmember holes to make it work. Anyone explain to me why this member claims he bought a direct replacement for a Box Panther from Energy Suspension?
        87' Lincoln Town Car Stars + Stripes. Explorer GT40P, Anderson B31 Cam, Shorty Headers, FRPP 1.6 Rockers, A9L, Sn95 T5 Trans, 3:55 Limited Slip, GNX Rear Springs, LSC Turbines, 1.5 wheelspacers, Full Custom Dual 2.5/Flowmasters, 00 P71 Airtube, 19lb calibrated Maf, Summit Alum Radiator, King Cobra Clutch, Short throw Shfter, Energy Susp Trans Mount,
        Mods to come: Big Brake/Poly Front Swap, PI Front Swaybar, Addco 650 Rear Swaybar, Boxed Upper Rear Control Arms, 351/Alum Heads, FRPP Valve Covers,

Comment

i use a fox mustang energy suspension mount, you have to widen the crossmember holes but it works fine

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

is that whats on mine these days? I don't even remember now. I remember it was changed with the driveshaft that had the dinked yoke that made it piss fluid all over the place but I don't remember what it was changed to exactly.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

fox body es poly one on mine. had to make the holes a bit wider to fit it.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Same here. I had to widen the holes for the Mustang mount, but it pushes the trans up an inch higher and on a T5 it hits the tunnel. My yoke is still leaking too. That's a diff story. I'd like to solve that too.

Comment

My coupe had the fox body mount; I put in a traiditional replacement. I was concerned that the additional height of the ENS mount was affecting driveline angle (I had a slight vibration). In the end, I don't think there was any affect; I just never reinstalled the ENS mount.
                  **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                  **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                  **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                  **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Rockauto has it. the '2464' is listed under the 84 townie. Average price of 6 bucks.

Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                      Rockauto has it. the '2464' is listed under the 84 townie. Average price of 6 bucks.

Alex.
                      Yep, that's the same one listed for nearly everything. Just bought one for my 85 to replace it's horrid, mushy oil soaked one.

Slightly off topic side note, did not all boxes have the rubber idolaters at the ends of the cross members? I noticed my 85 didn't have them, but I figured they must have been lost at some point. Then I noticed my 88 p72 doesn't have them either, yet the 87 and 89 do.
                      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

i think some got assembled without isolators to be honest, but most get tossed when the trans gets swapped

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Mine came with them, but they're likely gone by now. I don't remember re-installing them when I replaced the rotted crossmember but thats been a lot of years ago now.

Comment

Working...
                          X