Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U-joint(s) or driveshaft? Or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enough to be able to (slightly) feel the vibration in the car? It's not synced up with engine RPM, but actual vehicle speed.
    1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
    Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
    Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
    Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Small exhaust leak?

Edit: Just saw the tail end of your last post. Not linked to RPMs... oops.
      Last edited by slack; 07-09-2014, 01:22 PM.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Ah, okay, stereo problem won't cause vibration, unless you've got a bangin' system. Was just throwing it out there, I know I've had cars that did it.
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Gah . . the problem vanished again as of the time I left work yesterday! WTF?!

I think just as a peace-of-mind thing, I'm going to change the front wheel bearings, at least on the passenger side (the driver's side rotor was replaced not too long back, and got new bearings then). Maybe I'll do both, depending on weather and laziness.
          1987 Ford LTD Crown Victoria 2-door Coupe - perpetually "sort of" for sale...
          Black with Red cloth (velour?) interior.
          Purchased on 10/10/2008, with only 70,386 original miles, and only ONE previous owner.
          Reader's Ride post, First pic with "new" rims, Other pics with "new" rims

Comment

Working...
          X