AC Delco lower control arm kit MISSING PARTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC Delco lower control arm kit MISSING PARTS

So I ordered the complete AC Delco lower control arms complete with bushings and ball joints. Except......I was missing the castle nut!!! On the driver side.

I can't put my original castle nut on because it is the wrong thread pattern and is too high. I believe it is 13/16 fine thread? I don't know Advance auto parts, auto zone, Home depot don't have it and I know if I call rock auto, they might tell me me return the unit back. I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT.

Any advice? Where to go, what to do. My car has been in the air for over a week and I think i'm wearing out my welcome for driveway space
    "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
    -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
    -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
    -2011 Subaru Outback

Are there any nut and bolt supply stores in your area ? If they do not have one, they can order it.

Comment

you'd need to verify the thread. The original is probably standard, but the new may be metric. Don't rightly know. Finding the castle nut may be a problem. They aren't normally sold as just a nut, mostly because nobody ever needs to replace that without doing the ball joint. McMaster-Carr might have them but you'd probably have to buy some quantity of them. Once in a while they have large odd fastners in a five pack. Maybe a Fastenal store has them if you have one of those nearby.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd gripe at the seller and see about getting the nut from them. If it was a local place, take it back and tell them what's wrong. They will probably replace it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah AC Delco, sucks!!! Their customer service sucks, the only reason I went with them is that they had the whole kit for the lower control arm ready to go.

The ball joint thread is ruined! Thanks to them. I now have to get another ball joint and press it in (which means taking off the damn arm again!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
          -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

OH, and apparantly they use a metric thread M16-1.5, go figure!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
            -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Now im venting

So, AC delco screwed me over with a missing castle nut, that consequently made me destroy a thread for the ball joint.

Rockauto has been trying to help me with this and offered to switch it out with these guys (apparantly the AC delco is now discontinued, (go figure)

DORMAN Part # 520208
              {#WC110208, XW1Z3078BA, XW1Z3078CA} Complete Arm w/Ball Joint
              Front Right Lower

$67.79

RAYBESTOS Part # 5071153
              Professional Grade - Complete Arm w/Ball Joint
              Front Right Lower

$95.99

There is now way I can tell if these have the greasable joints. Anyone here know if these do (if they bought these)?

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
              -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I am trying to get A lower right (passenger control arm complete with ball joint and bashings)

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

From my google-fu, it looks like the Raybestos is greasable.

Link to amazon where you can see the zerk fitting hole under the ball joint: http://www.amazon.com/Raybestos-507-.../dp/B007ZKLD04
                  Just image: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...L._SL1500_.jpg

Dorman doesn't look like it. Wasn't able to get a good look from Amazon but google showed up as a flat bottom.

Image link: http://www.sandmansauto.com/catalog/...20-208-002.jpg
                  Link to page selling it: http://www.sandmansauto.com/catalog/...ly-p-2986.html

Hope that helps. Personally, I would go with the Raybestos over the Dorman. If you really want to keep the AC Delco one, you could press out the ball joint and press in one of your choosing, but I would take the free replacement over that.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Yeah, it's going to suck to trake out the arm again (the dang spring) but I will call Raybestos and ask them. The pics show it does! THANKS!! ACDELCO SUCKS!

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                    -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

I don't think Delco actually makes anything anymore. When GM spun them off, they basically turned into a parts resaler. They used to be the in-house GM parts supplier but not anymore. Kind of makes me wonder who really made those arm assemblies.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

No longer affiliated with gm eh?? Can't blame them.

-1986 Honda Magna 700cc
                        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X