Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is A Good Place To Get Long-lasting Heater Cores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Is A Good Place To Get Long-lasting Heater Cores?

I know Team Ford is like one of the best. But I've heard that CarQuest is good too. How long do they last? The ones from CarQuest? I don't know how much the price has changed from a year ago, they were $35, If it's less than Team Ford still. Because I'd rather not pay 64 bucks for one. And are there other reliable long-lasting heater cores sold anywhere else?

Buy that bastard at carquest. I have an account at Napa and buy just about everything there, but I started buying radiators and heater cores at carquest a couple years ago. There so darn cheap and theyre still really high quality braised brass and copper constructed. I bought a heavy duty 4-core radiator with oil and trans coolers for my truck in May thats twice as good in quality than my OEM radiator was and it was under $130.00. That'll keep me coming back for sure.

Comment

Buy the best one you can, regardless of price. Do you want to have to do it again because you bought a crappy one? I'm not sure about carquest, none around here. I don't buy shit from Napa, the local one is inhabited by assholes. Is the one from team ford an actual ford unit? If so, its probably pretty good.

All I can say is, buy a good one, not that the $64 is better than the $35 carquest.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Carquest is good from what I've heard. I think I'll use them. Thanks.

Comment

yea 64 bucks for a oem ford heater core isnt bad.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah I guess but I've heard good things about Carquest so I'll try it out.

Comment

didn't justing buy a ford oem heater core and and it leaked in the 88 vic

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Proabably a defect.

Comment

I use all CarQuest parts in my car... but that might be because I work at a CarQuest. :p I have a CQ radiator and a CQ heater core in my car, along with hundreds of dollars worth of other parts including a dual exhaust system.

I hate to say it, but just one tip: watch out for CarQuest electronics. Any of the stuff that has "EC" on the box. Relays, modules, etc. The people who supply CarQuest's electronic section (I forget the name of the company) apparently don't have very good quality control, because there are complaints left and right of brand new EC parts failing. I don't know why the fuck CarQuest doesn't dump them for a new supplier.

Comment

Not very trusting of electrical components. I go to a place called Lees Auto Supply. They even allow you to return electrical components!!! :P

Comment

Working...
                    X