1991 GM fuel probs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 GM fuel probs.

Ok my first post ive got this sweet car my dad gave me 112k mi but was well maintained. Well after driving it back from indiana drove it around for a few days till it said empty on the guage i did this to see if the guage was semi correct and wouldnt run out right at empty i pulled into the gas station is stumbled a little then pulled up to the pump and it stalled i thought whew!! i figured it was out of gas filled it up then it started for a second then stalled i towed it home. I live out in the country so i bought a pump, sock, relay. I thiught it was the relay becaues it is primint the system but not pumping after start correct me if im wrong but the relay has 2 seperate pump functions prime and run? well i changed the relay and dtill the same. well I could be a dumbass because in writing this i realized that i should have bought a filter because my dad never lets his cars to get below half tank and maybe it sucked up 112K miles of crud from the bottom of the tank! I will replace and update this post.
    My wife and I.sigpic

ok the filter was good but replaced it anyways 91 grand marquis 5.0. starts but stops imeadiatly any ideas also changed relay is there something that controls the run fuel pressure other than the relay?
    My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Hey if you guys help me figger this out today ill let you see my wifes boobies and she is hotttt
      My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

ive been reading the posts for 2 days now i cant find anything on this
        My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Have you checked for spark? And ure fuel pressure?

Might want to make a pst in the 5.0 section as well.
          Last edited by DarkKnight; 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM.
          People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Comment

i have spark and pressure it starts for a sec then stalls
            My wife and I.sigpic

Comment

Another thought, the TFI module has 2 sections, a start and a run. If the TFI failed in a particularly funky way, it would catch and then lose spark as soon as you let the key back to 'run'. You'd have a hell of a time diagnosing that too, short of swapping the module out. Bad ignition switch could do that too tho.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

When I had these exact same symptoms (shudder, then start and immediate stall), the MAP sensor had shit the bed. This is the one mounted on the firewall with the vacuum hose going to it.

Check the vacuum hose--make sure it's in good shape.
                The MAP sensors are difficult to test without dedicated specialized test equipment, so just grab a few of them from the junkyard. Odds are you'll find at least one good one.
                Originally posted by gadget73
                There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

Working...
                X