How to test resistnace values.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to test resistnace values.

My search for finding gauge senders is getting no where right now, so hopefully plan B will work.

I have stock Police Gauges that I really want to put in (now that I have something to hold them lol). I have no idea what year they are, I got them from Scott, maybe he Knows? I know when you are looking for new senders, you have to know the resistance values of the gauges in order to find the right ones. How do you test that? I don't have any electrical gauge senders lying around, and I don't want to spend money aimlessly trying different senders. Someone help, these are too sexy to leave around the garage and not have anything done to them.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

iirc they may be from an 88-89 as I believe they were originally installed in the police pod now in Toms p79.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I thought those gauges looked familier. They were mine at one point in time, I got them used with no senders. I'm pretty sure they are VDO gauges. You might try contacting VDO to see if they can give you any info about them.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I shot them an email, hopefully they get back with me.

I just googled VDO gauge senders, and If they are made by them, would this work?
        Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.
        Last edited by hemihotrod402; 04-10-2010, 01:52 PM.
        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

and here is the pressure sender

Performance Automotive Parts from Accel Billet Edelbrock MSD VDO. JEGS is the source for performance parts with Same Day Shipping.
          Last edited by hemihotrod402; 04-10-2010, 01:52 PM.

Comment

not a clue mang, not a clue. If they're the gauges I think they are, they say VDO somewhere on them. If they don't say VDO, then maybe its a different set.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok, update. I did some closer examination of the gauges after gadget mentioned the VDO markings, and they weren't there. But what I did find was the Patent info, and it said that they were made by the Faria Corporation. Looking at their senders, I only have about two dozen to choose from lol

I'm goign to try emailing them, asking about these, because I can't find them in their gauge finder. Im glad I finally have a valid lead (along with a part number)
              Last edited by hemihotrod402; 04-10-2010, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Faria makes a lot of marine instrumentation.

Comment

no response yet. If I don"t get anything from them, I'm honestly going to just man up and pay about 230 bucks for the Auto Meter Ford Racing Gauges. They are actually suprisingly close to the original speedometer, I might have to paint the speedometer's needle orange though lol.

Comment

Working...
                  X