Door Locks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Door Locks

I'm thinking about making a trip to the JY and yanking the door locking mechanisms from the C4C cars. There's quite a few areo boxes to pick apart. Is this a good idea or should I get them new?

Packman

You talking about the actuators, Jacob? Id say go for it but make sure to grab the actuator holder too just in case they do not interchange. You may have to swap locking rods as well. But it can be done.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Only grab ones that move smoothly and don't have torn or deteriorated boots.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the tips.

Packman

Comment

Move smoothly? Is this something that I can tug on to check out? Also, since I'm not home, how do I dislodge the locking actuators from the door; are they bolted? When I did the window motor last week, I couldn't see where the locking actuator was connected to.

Packman

Comment

Bracket is riveted to the door. You can pry the motor out of the bracket. No idea how to manually test an actuator, but I think some of them are like a screw set up and that would have resistance always. Best bet it to power it up and check out how it works
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
            X