89 tc interior swap???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 tc interior swap???

so this is a future project for me but i wanted to get a head start so il have what i need by then because it might be a bit of a task.... Does anyone know were to get new/ nearly new interior for a 89 tc other than salvage yards?? i have an awuful marron red interior (I HATE THIS COLOR)) i would like a black interior for my car ... or if i can put interior of a early 90s tc interior in my 89 i plan on putting a pear white paint job with a black vinal top so id like to have a full back interior (seats included) but i never cant find this color ..............................

black is hard to come by for a box interior. unless you could find a limo lol. you would find grey fairly easy, since it was a common color. but, to answer your question, there is hardly anything out there in terms of aftermarket. you could search www.jcwhitney.com and find new carpet and dash caps. you will not find new seats or anything like that.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

so im guessong it would be easier to just paint my inerior??? assuming that the 21 year old plastic doest break when taken off...

Comment

good luck finding it in black. I think I've seen exactly 1 box with black leather, and it was base model stuff which is a bit crap. If you have the leather, then I'll agree, the maroon is fairly horrid. If its the velour which is more of a deep red color, its much nicer looking. If you were closer, I have nice grey velour Signature Series seats along with most of the rest of the interior pieces including all of the dashboard parts I'd offer you, but shipping those would be highly impractical.

For whatever it may be worth to you, all of the colored stuff on the dashboard unscrews. Its actually not even that hard, so you can fit all the pieces out of a donor car, no color mismatch or painting required. You can also pull them and paint all of the interior trim pieces to match whatever seats you get. I'd bet with a little creativity you can fit 90s seats to your car using the stock 89 tracks.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ya i actually fit 94 towncar seats in my other 89tc the front bolts monted to the track but i had to drill out the back holes though they sat a little higher but its pretty nice all though i have scraped thiss car since then and i gotta start all over again and ill think ill put the full interior out of a donor car and paint them but for the seats looks like ill have to go with an aphostry shop ugh i will have to much into this car by the time im done but i enoy these types of things and i dont plan on getting rid of the car so O WELL

Comment

only way yoru gonan get a black interior is swap out 90 and up townie front seats, the rest will have to more or less be custom made. i can do the carpet,plastic,and headliner, but unless i learn to sew, or find someone who can sew seatcovers its going to stay mostly blue for me, find out how much your upholstry shop will charge to sew your seats together, the worst part is takign them off, all the bullrings and such, and dust dust dust, did i mention dust? i spent a year in an upholstry shop , the worst ones are the 70s and down seat horriable stuff to strip down.
            Last edited by zoomie; 12-12-2010, 06:33 PM.
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Working...
            X