Leaking Interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking Interior

Guy's I'm a newby to this site but I'm so glad that I found you all. And here is my problem:
    I have a 88 Gm that has a leak inside when I run the AC. I thought that it was the heater core
    so I bypassed it. Still leaks. I've ran both air and flexibe hose into the drain but the darn thing
    still leaks when iI run the AC. Help

Is the water leaking down the firewall or out the vents? Does it do it on A/C only, or in other positions? Is this an automatic climate control (temperature in F on the slider) or a manual A/C car with just "hot" and "cold"?

Welcome to the site.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

probably a buildup of leaves or pine needles in the evaporator housing, could also be a critters nest

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

find the drip hole below the evaporator (the AC side) of the plenum under the hood. clean it out. that should solve your problem.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Guys thanx for the awsome replies. It only happens when the ac is being used. I have the temp control unit. I've cleand out the drip hole.
          Guess I need to do the cleaning out of the evaporator. I lifted the passenger side carpet and the water seems to run down under the black insulation.

Comment

if you've cleaned out the drip hole, then you've probably got a bad seal on the firewall (or the lower nut is loose - accessible under the hood IIRC) You'll know it's right when you can pour a cup of water down the vent hole slowly and none gets inside the car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
            X